4720 won't crank - both PTO indicators lit...

/ 4720 won't crank - both PTO indicators lit...
Well! I have finally managed to pinpoint what causes the PTO indicators to light up: the 15A fuse on the Ignition Run Power keeps blowing when I attempt to start the engine. When I attempt to start it takes about 2 seconds for the fuse to blow and during this time the PTO indicators are not lit, they only come to life after the fuse blows. I deduce from this that the PTO indicator lights serve a double purpose: when a single one is lit it means the PTO is actually engaged, when two are lit it means the ignition power fuse is blown. The computer is likely programmed to signal ignition circuit failure by simultaneously firing up more than one PTO indicator.

So now I have to determine what causes the fuse to blow. Could it be as simple as a short somewhere on the circuit? I suppose I could start the engine by shorting the fuse and I admit I am tempted to do that so that I can at least bring the tractor back home but I don't want to risk causing serious damage. Any ideas as to where this circuit is most likely to short so that I can at least inspect it visually?

/ 4720 won't crank - both PTO indicators lit... #12  
Did u ever figure out what was wrong with your tractor? Mine is doing the same thing!

/ 4720 won't crank - both PTO indicators lit... #13  
I have exactly the same problem with my ehydro 4720 and i am anxious to know the solution when you find it please 27 April 2012