Running a grain auger with 4000 series

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I was planning on putting the 4700 on a grain auger this fall but the only way I know to do it is by pass the seat saftey switch as the pto won't run unless you are in the seat. Is that most of you have done or is there another way.

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series #3  
I might be wrong here, but with my 3720, and a friends 4320, if you start the machine, put the parking brake on, machine in neutral, get off the seat and start the PTO, it will run.

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series #4  
Check your manual. There should be a procedure to make the PTO work with no operator on the seat. Mine is like Nmu98's

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series
I might be wrong here, but with my 3720, and a friends 4320, if you start the machine, put the parking brake on, machine in neutral, get off the seat and start the PTO, it will run.

I tried it and as soon as I turned on the pto it died

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series #6  
On my 4110, after you raise the seat you pull the seat switch UP to operate the PTO.

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series #7  
I was planning on putting the 4700 on a grain auger this fall but the only way I know to do it is by pass the seat saftey switch as the pto won't run unless you are in the seat. Is that most of you have done or is there another way.

How big of auger do you plan to run?

/ Running a grain auger with 4000 series #8  
Check your manual. There should be a procedure to make the PTO work with no operator on the seat. Mine is like Nmu98's

What does your manual say??