Front quick hitch and front end loader question

/ Front quick hitch and front end loader question #1  

Spud67

Tractor
John Deere 2320
c25g76a8.gif
lvb24899_drawing_r.jpg

Here are pics of both attaching parts... For those who have them... do you have one or both?? The pic on the left is the quick tach attaching part. The pic on the right is the "combo" attaching part which accommodates both mower and front hitch. Thanks!

I have this set up on my 2320 but now that winter may finally be over I have removed the 47 blower and installed the front end loader I find the stand for the loader hits the front quick hitch bracket and combo bracket and made it a little difficult to latch the locks on the FEL. I installed the mower combo brakcet and found I had to readjust the front mount for the mower to tighten up the link from the mount to the mower. Also the bracket for the mower caused an even tighter fight for the stand for the FEL. Actually to get the bracket in place for the mower I had to partially remove the FEL (lower the stand part way to the ground). I installed combo bracket and everything else myself when I bought the 47 blower last fall, maybe I did something a bit wrong and now the stand for the FEL touches the combo bracket and the mower bracket that mounts in the combo bracket.

Is anyone else running into this trouble with the front attaching kit and combo bracket in place and the stand for the FEL hitting the brackets, making the install of the FEL a little more difficult?

/ Front quick hitch and front end loader question #2  
JD makes a 'no tool' front bracket that bolts directly to the 2320. It is one piece and I think this solves the problem as I never had problems with mine.

Rob

/ Front quick hitch and front end loader question #3  
Yes, it is an optional part that costs around $100, and can be found in the "build your own" section of the web site as well as the online parts place I would expect.

/ Front quick hitch and front end loader question
I have all the brackets for a no tool change over from the blower to the mower and back.

My trouble and question is that when I get ready to install the FEL, as the stand raises when installing the FEL it comes in contact with the brackets on the front of the tractor and puts a little pressure on the stand and it is difficult to latch the locks for the FEL.

I also had to partly remove the FEL to install the bracket for the mower because I could not get the front part of the bracket up and in place to install the rod. The FEL stand was in the way for me to install the mower bracket.

The 2-peice bracket in the picture on the left is the front mount combo bracket for my 2320 and it is bolted on the tractor in place of the 2-peice bracket that came with my tractor just for the mower. The one peice bracket on the right installs on the combo bracket so the mower can be installed once the front quick hitch has been removed.

With the combo bracket installed, the FEL stand contacted the backet at the front edge. When I went to install the mower bracket, on the combo bracket, I had to unlock the FEL, lower the stand part way to the ground, install the mower bracket and when I went to raise the stand and lock the FEL in place once again it was difficult to get the FEL locks in place.

I may have to grind away part of these two front brackets so the stand for the FEL is not in contact with them and making it more difficult to lock the FEL in place.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the combo bracket, mower bracket and FEL?

Last edited:
   / Front quick hitch and front end loader question #5  
I'm wondering if you have slightly bent your FEL park stand? I did this on my 2320 and had to tweek it a bit to get the fit correct again. I had the no tool change brackets and ran a snow blower, MMM with no problems.

Rob

/ Front quick hitch and front end loader question
That could be possible even though I have only taken the FEL off once in the two years I have had this unit. I was very gentle taking it off in the fall to install the front hitch and blower but it could be possible.

I will try to adjust it a little and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks