Ballast Finally Filled My Ballast Box

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box
I almost hate to say this, but green and yellow have never been my favorite tractor colors. I kind of wish they made John Deere's in blue or orange....

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #13  
I have seen at the factory in Dubuque they make rental equipment in Sunbelt's colors and all the military stuff is olive drab or tan so with enough $ or large enough order Deere will do whatever you want. ;)

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #14  
I almost hate to say this, but green and yellow have never been my favorite tractor colors. I kind of wish they made John Deere's in blue or orange....

i could see BLUE, but not Orange:rolleyes:

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #15  
Class work runner. My 790 has the same 6 wheel weights and 800+ lbs. ballast box but it is not weighted that fancy. Makes it solid as a rock while using the loader.

BlacknTan the JD website lists $206 for the ballast box.
For someone to have to paint it orange to match, that's just priceless.:D:D:D

All joking aside, they are really nice boxes.

Not only paint.. I'll order the KUBOTA decal also... If I post pics with JD green on a Kubota, I might get banned from the Kubota forum! LOL

Just kidding, Just kidding! I like all the tractor colors.. And thanks for the info on price dirt ditch.. Couldn't build it for that price..

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #16  
I'm 35. If you asked any kid in my generation to paint a tractor, I think it would be red.

Lucky for me, I've got my Dad's 1948 Farmall Cub next to the barn, waiting for me to restore it. It's sort of brown, with age. Call it "distressed red." I say, "lucky," because I can have my green Deere and a red tractor. Yipee!

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #17  
BX,

Now that I have it set up this way though, I'll probably never want to do anything different, but at least I can if I want to. If it was a solid chunk of concrete, there would be no chance of getting it out.

Quoting Mythbuster Jamey Heiniman, "When in doubt, C4."

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #18  
How do you start a myth? cause that would be so cool to see!:cool:

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #19  
Nice work!! I like the way you incorporated the suitcase weights into the box, great place to store them and get use out of them. You should have plenty of ballast now, with the weight box and the wheel weights.

/ Finally Filled My Ballast Box #20  
How do you start a myth? cause that would be so cool to see!:cool:

Urban legends and the Internet are good starting points.

If you get a chance, be sure to catch an old episode where they blew up an 8 or 10 yard transit mixer with 850 pounds of high explosives.

It doesn't get much better than that.