help 855

/ help 855 #1  

UP855

Tractor
John Deere 855
does anyone know where I could get a charge pump for a 855 transmission?:confused:
deeres price is a little out of my budget right now

/ help 855 #2  
How do you know yours is bad? If a bit scored inside, it may still be
usable. I would NOT say the same for the main HST pump....it must
be scratch-free. The chg pump only runs at 100-200psi normally and
is not the same kind of precision pump that is used inside the HST.

I replaced the charge pump on my B21 when it was open because it
was scored, but it was prob not necessary. It was less than $300, as
I recall. The main HST pump had better filtration.

/ help 855
I loned the tractor to a friend of mine and the intake pipe for the hydro got cracked, he put it back together but didnt acount for a missing piece of aluminium, it went straight into the charge pump and shattered the rotator, I completly disassembled the hydro pump and found no damage, so I am in need of the charge pump, the price on the parts to put together a charge pump from deere is $532 which is the reason I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative
thanks Mike

/ help 855 #4  
I loned the tractor to a friend of mine and the intake pipe for the hydro got cracked, he put it back together but didnt acount for a missing piece of aluminium, it went straight into the charge pump and shattered the rotator, I completly disassembled the hydro pump and found no damage, so I am in need of the charge pump, the price on the parts to put together a charge pump from deere is $532 which is the reason I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative
thanks Mike

Ouch!
Hope you get this unpleasantness behind you soon. Good luck, but I think you'll have to buy from Deere, unless you're very lucky.

/ help 855 #5  
thanks Mike

Well, I hope you think twice about lending any tools again, esp if they have
any moving parts or a cutting edge.

It is very hard to find any used parts for relatively new tractors. Sorry.
That unit was made for most of the 90s.

/ help 855 #6  
Sorry to hear about your tractor woes. There is always more than enough to keep us busy and our wallets empty without this kind of thing. You might search Google and used tractor equipment sites for someone parting out or cannibalizing an 855 or 755 or 955 (not sure if they use same pump). Here is one that popped up. Shop Manual John Deere 855 Tractor Parts

I hesitate to loan my tractors out. It is too easy to lose lose (lose money and a friend). I'm more than willing to help someone myself if I can. I've had several neighbors that loaned their tractor equipment out and they both had experiences that resulted in the need for expensive fixes. Both times there were some underlying hard feelings because they were stuck with time and expense fixing the item and the borrowers felt it wasn't their fault.

/ help 855
yourkie you hit the nail on the head about loaning equipment
thanks to everyone for your inpute

/ help 855 #8  
There are many 855 Graveyards around.
I'm sure you'll have no problem finding one.

Google is your friend!

/ help 855 #9  
I know this is an old thread....but I have been googling and phoning for an 855 graveyard and can't find a single one! I am looking for some body panels and drawbar and possible 3pt arms. Does anyone know where such items may be found...can't quite bring myself to pay new deere prices yet.
Thanks,
Kim

/ help 855 #10  
I am looking for some body panels and drawbar and possible 3pt arms.

As I noted, I had no luck finding used 955 parts either, which are the same.

You do not need drawbar or 3-pt stuff from JD, however. You can get
generics from places like AgriSupply, or various small dealers on eBay.
The body panels will be tough to find.