JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #1  

JCDLamar

Tractor
JD 3720
My Auto connect mower deck will not stay level. I level the deck, make a couple of rounds mowing and the deck is unlevel about 3/4 inch. Leveling yokes are not moving...appears to be flex in the linkage. My JD Dealership, as well as the engineers at the factory cannot figure it out. I am looking for someone else that might have the same problem. And some ideas of how to fix it.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #2  
You are not alone. I bought my 3320 last fall and did not get to use the new AutoConnect deck till this spring. I know they leveled the deck at the dealer; they let me go in the back to look at it before it got delivered and they had just finished installing the deck that day.

The first time I used it this spring the cut was way off, the right side semmed to be cutting much lower than the left. I releveled the deck the best I could but the right arm will not go higher due to the bracket that is in the way and I cannot lower the left because the threaded shaft on the yoke is already near the limit, any more and it would fall out. However, sometimes the cut seems decent and other times it is way off leaving the grass uneven. I haven't been to the dealer yet, need to go this week. So far I'm stumped at how to fix it.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #3  
Do you guys have cab or os,I have 3720 cab and have not had a problem.I know thw conection pieces are different for cab and os.I seem to have room to move the levelers no problem.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #4  
I have an open station unit so I can get closer to some of my trees. I'll take a look at the installation manual to see how the connections differ.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel
It is a Cab tractor...I have plenty of room to adjust my levelers. It is like something is hanging up. I have removed the deck and checked the linkage, but everything seems to be work freely.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #6  
Do you have the front mounted 3ph? If you do, look to see if the lower "L' shaped brace for the hitch is interfering with the deck arms. I have the older 7 Iron MMM, and the front hitch for the 59 snow blower on my 3720 and discovered this. I discussed with John Deere and they told me to remove the "L" shaped brace for the front hitch when I install the mower. :confused:

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #7  
Do you have the front mounted 3ph? If you do, look to see if the lower "L' shaped brace for the hitch is interfering with the deck arms. I have the older 7 Iron MMM, and the front hitch for the 59 snow blower on my 3720 and discovered this. I discussed with John Deere and they told me to remove the "L" shaped brace for the front hitch when I install the mower. :confused:
Hmm, I installed the kit to allow the 3PT and the MMM to coexist and sofar so good.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #8  
The kit replaces the front mount for the MMM. It took me a bit of a time to get it on, but it does work for me.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel #9  
Hmm, I installed the kit to allow the 3PT and the MMM to coexist and sofar so good.

Ohhhh, this is very interesting. Can you tell me more specifics about the kit, what they charged and when you got it? I approached my dealer about a year ago with the problem and after he contacted JD they said they are aware of the problem and that they are working on a solution, and in the mean time to just remove the "L" brace for mowing and reinstall it when mounting the 59 Blower. I just assumed the new Auto Connect 72D Deck was the solution.

/ JD 3720 w/ Auto connect 72D Unlevel
The right side(discharge side) is the side that drops or hangs up. I measured the deck 4 times yesterday while mowing. By the time I returned to my garage to measure, the deck returned to level. The yard looks awful.
Still no help from JD DTAC!