help needed to find parts for heatr in cab

/ help needed to find parts for heatr in cab #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
Parts for a 2305 and looking for parts that only Curtis cab seems to have
Where besides a JD dealer ,then ordered from Curtis Cab, could I get the fittings to connect a cab heater.
I bought a heater from a person and it had no fittings with the unit.
Checking w/ local jd dealer he wanted over $125.00 just for the 2 of the 3 items I would need . Then checked with dealer where my son-in-law bought his jd and they wanted close to a $100. but they would mail me the parts. Parts would be coming from Curtis Cab,

One is a 3/8 univ tee w/ plastic bushing and the other was a 1" tee to 3/8 in middle.
I have searched net and had no luck finding the univ tee.

Had gone to Lowes and tried using 3/8 brass to make the tee. but will not tread in

I just hate thinking of paying $100. just for these two items.

/ help needed to find parts for heatr in cab #2  
Ask a plumber or stop by a good plumbing supplier. I can tell you as a plumbing and heating contractor it can't be that difficult to match up.

Steve

/ help needed to find parts for heatr in cab
It seems like the 3/8 should thread in , the sending unit threads into the brass tee. Just connot get the nipple to thread into the tractor part.

/ help needed to find parts for heatr in cab #4  
Sounds like you need to make sure the threads and size are a match. What did you remove to gain access to the hole? Whatever was removed could be checked against a tap or die to confirm whether you have the proper size nipple. It may be metric or fractional and you need to know for sure.

Steve

I removed the temp sending unit. I had a 3/8 brass tee the sending unit would screw into the tee. but could not get the 3/8 nipple into the sending unit location.
according to Curtis Cabs website the fittings are NPT

Here is the part that I'm trying to locate
Dorman makes a nipple that lloks a lot like this but not a tee
I may call them and see if they have a part like this

Hope this works

Attachments

• John_Deere_2305_2210_All_Steel_and_Soft_Sided_Cabs.pdf - Adobe Reader.bmp
    617.3 KB · Views: 122
   / help needed to find parts for heatr in cab #8  
Hope this works[/QUOTE

If the sender unit you removed was 3/8 npt and yet the 3/8 npt nipple will not screw in you should chase the threads with a 3/8 npt tap. I would not be to concerned about finding the specialty fitting in the picture but would instead buy a 3/8 hose nipple and a standard 3/8 tee and make it up.

Steve

Thanks that is what I'm going to try and do .
Will try and get this done over the summer mos.

Thanks for everyones help