Big props to my local dealer

/ Big props to my local dealer #1  

Birdmayon

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2380
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, here goes.

I headed down to my local dealer yesterday to pick up my 2520 after its 50 hour service. Trailer felt like it was tugging on my truck pretty good on the way down there, but due to heavy rain I couldn't see or tell what was going on. Pulled into the dealer and walked inside to inquire about my tractor, and one of the salesmen told me I had a flat on my trailer, and to pull it around to the shop to see if it would hold air. I backed my trailer over to the shop, went to pull the cap off the valve stem and the stem fell off in my hand! Turned out it was dry rotted and just tore off. I did not have a spare wheel/tire for my trailer, so one of the guys told me to go in and buy a stem and he'd take care of it. He was able to break the bead on the tire and replace the valve stem w/out removing the wheel from the trailer...in about 5 minutes! So after airing up the tire, he decided to check pressure on the other 3 tires. Two out of the 3 remaining wheels had severely dryrotted valve stems that looked like they could fall off at any moment as well. So, back inside I went to buy two more valve stems and within 10 minutes, they had me on the road, safely, with my tractor in tow.

My dealer is Carroll's Equipment down in Dameron, Maryland. These guys really went way above and beyond to keep me safe, and I can't say enough about how much I appreciate what they did for me. This was all after closing time too. Anyway, just felt that I needed to share my experience, these guys are really top notch and it's an example of why I keep going back to them.

/ Big props to my local dealer #2  
That is good service, hope you compensated the mechanic that was so helpful.

After unloading the tractor at home I reccomend going thru that trailer with a fine tooth comb, check brakes, wheel bearings, break away coupler, flooring and look for bad welds.
Trailer lights and wiring, loose fenders ect you get the idea.

Steve

/ Big props to my local dealer #3  
that does sound like a good dealer, be sure to tell the owner next time you're in that one of his guys went the extra mile.

FYI, there was a story on the web a few weeks ago about tons of defective imported valve stems having come to the USA, It made me go check my trailer!

/ Big props to my local dealer #4  
PLEASE tell us a bit more about the trailer.
I had a similar experience and put it down to NOS (new,old stock) wheels that the trailer builder had probably stock piled and had laying around for far too long.
Must admit I still havn't got around to actually CHECKING the tire date codes.

/ Big props to my local dealer #5  
Birdmayon,
Sounds like a great dealer.
I would hope you left a rather large $ tip for the guy that helped you out.
It would have been pretty bad to have possibly lost your tractor on the way home.
If you did not leave a tip I would suggest you go back and do so, but only a suggestion.

/ Big props to my local dealer
There's nothing really to tell you about the trailer. It is just old, 7 year or so. It has had a hard life, I got it in trade a few months ago and just have not had a chance to check it over thoroughly. It was kind of embarassing because I am generally **** about my stuff and keep up on the maintenance.

Unfortunately I had no cash on me so a tip didn't happen. I did thank them profusely and called back the next day to tell the service manager how much I appreciated what they did for me.

/ Big props to my local dealer #7  
There's nothing really to tell you about the trailer. It is just old, 7 year or so. It has had a hard life, I got it in trade a few months ago and just have not had a chance to check it over thoroughly. It was kind of embarassing because I am generally **** about my stuff and keep up on the maintenance.

Unfortunately I had no cash on me so a tip didn't happen. I did thank them profusely and called back the next day to tell the service manager how much I appreciated what they did for me.

Well, if its that new to you and if you don't really want to go through it maintenance wise...
Might be nice to ask that mechanic if he could do the ole brakes and bearings routine on it for you ?
Maybe as a side job if the dealer's shop only handles tractor service.
Then I'd take care of him with a few extra bux.

/ Big props to my local dealer #8  
I would suggest a couple dozen doughnut delivered to the dealer on Monday!!