John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work

/ John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work #1  

vettegc

Just bought this tractor from a guy. He said the pto quit working about a year ago. Its a 2003 with 706 hrs on it. Any ideas on where i can start?

/ John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work #2  
Just bought this tractor from a guy. He said the pto quit working about a year ago. Its a 2003 with 706 hrs on it. Any ideas on where i can start?

Welcome to TBN:D

-Does the yellow PTO light on the dash light up when the button is pulled up?
-Does the lever that selects rear and/or front PTO move smoothly?

The PTO is electric-over-hydraulic, so there is a solenoid on the transmission that gets energized for PTO operation. You will need to find this solenoid and make sure it's getting power.

/ John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work
Well the lever is stuck. It looks like it is in the rear pto position. I pulled the switch on the dash up and down but did not see anything light up?

/ John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work #4  
You will need to do the electrical test I listed above...Have you checked the fuses?

/ John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work #5  
I have a TYM, so admittedly a completely different tractor. When I first got my tractor my PTO lever also once got stuck. By first engaging the PTO I was able to move the PTO selector lever. Grinded a bit, but was able to un jam the selector lever.

Probably at least worth a shot.

Good luck.

OK, I have not found the solenoid yet. I will look for it in the morning. The tractor is in my grandpaws shop. I only saw a small box with 4 fuses in it by the engine compartment. I took a test light and put it on the top of each fuse. One did not have fire on either side but the fuse did not look bad.

Also, I did try to move the lever with the pto switch in the up and down position. Thanks

/ John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work #7  
These are for a 2305 which may be similar to yours.

Attachments

• 2305 PTO3.JPG
    2305 PTO3.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 3,131
  • 2305 PTO4.JPG
    2305 PTO4.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,521
   / John Deere 2210 PTO doesn't work #8  
Well the lever is stuck. It looks like it is in the rear pto position. I pulled the switch on the dash up and down but did not see anything light up?

I have a 2210 as well, and I don't believe there is any light for when the PTO engages - at least not that I know of. I hope the problem is minor/inexpensive.

I think I have big problems. I took off the cover and parts of that housing were busted off. I guess I will have to buy a brand new housing. Any ideas on the cheapest place to get one?

I think I need part # LVA802797. I think its called transaxle housing. Local JD place wants $1700 + shipping.