john deer 2640

/ john deer 2640 #1  

jcuomo

hello frist time on this site and i have a question. i bought a J.D 2640 and the farmer who had it took off the three point hich and i want to put it back on but iam missing some parts the lever is there and i have all the back parts you hook the implaments to but there is no hoses and there looks like there should be something bolted under the lever i dont know. i hope some one can help me maybe with some pic. or something.
Thanks Josh

/ john deer 2640 #2  
Josh, go to www.jdparts.com and search for your model number. Follow the tree to the proper section and compare your parts to those shown in the exploded view drawings.

I'm not sure what hoses you are looking for. You should have a rockshaft lever near the seat and the arms for the lower two of the three points. The third point is a turnbuckle located at the top center position. Those are available from a number of retail and farm supply stores.

Let us know how you are doing and don't hesitate to ask for help.

/ john deer 2640 #3  
Good advice above post

You shouldn't need any hydraulic parts to replace the hitch. but I think most 2640's were sold with dual rear outlets though.

That should be a good tractor too, 70 pto hp I believe.

Steve

/ john deer 2640 #4  
If you want a pic of my 2640 with 3 point and 2 rear scv, send me a note to cjk at nconnect dot net. :)