2520 suspension seat?????

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #11  
The seat does come in yellow. It is the same seat Deere uses on a few models. I bought one from my dealer after I got my 2520. It was pricey, but the dealer bought my slightly used factory seat from me. I have the air seat on my 3320, but at times I miss the arm rest. JC

/ 2520 suspension seat?????
This is AWESOME! I bought this exact seat for my 2520 a month ago, and have not had time to start the install.

If you have any more pics, I'd LOVE to see them. :D
This will be sooooooo helpful when I install mine in a week or so.

Would you be able to measure the size of the piece of plate steel you used, and how thick was yours?
Is that square tubing just to make the seat sit level? If so, does yours sit level, or should I raise or lower mine from what you did? I assume thats 1 inch square tube?
Can you still tip the seat up, or did you bolt it down solid?

Thanks so much for the info. This is priceless! :cool:

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #14  
At any rate I am very pleased with the seat, how it fits and how comfortable it is.

I hope this helps anyone deciding on upgrading to a new seat.

Welcome to TBN!

That's a nice seat. :D

You did a great job installing it.

Thanks for sharing.

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #15  
Deadman, glad this is helpful and thank you to everyone for the compliments. I am happy help. This forum has been invaluable.

I am attaching a DOC file that has the dimensions. THis was exported from Autocad in WMF format. I also have this in Autocad if anyone could use that format it would make things easier for you. Just email me and I can send it to you.

After my modifications the seat will still tilt forward, the seat switch functions. The 1" tube is simply to set the rear height of the seat, you could change this if you wanted a different rake to the seat. Mine sits pretty level with a slght rake down towards the back and I have found it very comfortable. I am close to 6'1" and 200 lbs. I have attached a picture to give you a better idea of how it sits.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask

Attachments

• P1010128.JPG
    P1010128.JPG
    695.2 KB · Views: 772
   / 2520 suspension seat????? #16  
What did you use to cut that 3" diameter hole?

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #17  
I used a hole saw commonly available at Lowes or Home Depot, just be sure to get a Bi-Metal or Carbide one, not high speed steel.

I drilled all the holes using a drill press, but a good quality hand drill would work fine too.

I don't have my tractor to look at right now....Is that large 3 inch hole needed for anything other than the seat safety switch? I don't have mine on now, so I could eliminate finding a big hole saw maybe.
Looks great BTW!

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #19  
The only thing the 3" hole is used for is to route your seat switch cable up through to the underside of the new seat.

Looking back this opening could have been a little larger to allow more room to reach up through the seat to connect the cable.

If you leave the seat switch disconnected, you will need to place a jumper between the two terminals on the cable to by pass the safety shut off.

I don't advocate bypassing safety features, but I do know this is one of the common ones that do get bypassed.

Cool, mine is jumpered already, so I can eliminate finding that big hole saw!

Thanks again for this info. :cool: