2520 suspension seat?????

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #31  
When you put the SE seat on your machine, did you need the "attaching parts"? It's an extra $120 for these...but I am not sure what it is. The seat itself list's for $495 but I don't know if I need the "attaching parts" kit.:confused:

I did not buy the attaching part at first. It was basically a piece of steel plate that was flat for the seat and made to fit the lawn mower. My dealer made the seat fit for me. I'm not sure it they used the bracket from the stock seat, but it was just a bracket with a steel rod with hitch pins on each side. I then cut some of the rubber bumper off of the stock mounting to make the seat lean back a little. I put this seat on my x495 when I sold the 2520 and bought my 3320. When the stock springs for the x495 broke (probably too much weight on them with me and the suspension seat) I then bought the attaching part of the S.E. seat and put it on the x495. I let the seat go when I got a new x744 this year.
I got a little better deal on my seat when I bought it because my dealer had ordered for someone a year earlier but they backed out on it. I knew they had the other part on hand when I went looking for it a year later. I wish I had taken pictures, but it is gone now. JC

/ 2520 suspension seat?????
JD2520 by looking at your drawing the bolt spacing looks like it should be 12.5-.6250-.6250=11.25 center to center on the side to side measurement.

The front to back measuremant must be 11 inches.

The description, sounds like it for sure. I had no clue Deere used this seat too! :D

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #35  
Well, I ordered the SE seat, I paid a premium for the Yellow but I just did not want a black seat...

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #36  
JD2520 by looking at your drawing the bolt spacing looks like it should be 12.5-.6250-.6250=11.25 center to center on the side to side measurement.

The front to back measuremant must be 11 inches.

Good catch Deadman. A little math and it does give you the bolt spacing side to side.

JD2520, I went right past the word doc thinking your plate measurements would be irrelevant to my installation. I think my bolt holes are 8.5" side to side and 6.5" front to back (from memory so I'll need to check, but for sure I'd need to modify the Michigan seat for my install.) Thanks

I got my seat on my 2520 today, and OMG was that EASY! :D Thanks to the write-up by "JD25201965"! :cool:

I had the bracket welded up, and drilled by my machine shop. I primed and painted it last weekend, so it was all ready to go.

I took my time, and I am very picky, so I lock-tite'd every bolt even tho I used lock nuts! :cool: I'd say it took my about 2 hours, because its a little tight getting in there to tighten those pesky bolts that hold the seat belt frame onto the lower frame. I then adjusted my FEL lever, so the lever now rests right in my hand when i have my arm on the armrest! It really worked out great! I didn't fire it up, and take it for a ride, BUT I am really excited to see how smooth it rides. It used to just destroy my back (I have bulged disks).

Anyway, Thanks again to "JD25201965" for this sweet detailed write-up. :D I just took your drawing to my machine shop, and they almost soiled their pants when they saw your detailed picture and measurements! They made the bracket accordingly, and it dropped right on. I LOVE installations that go this easy!

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #38  
Deadman,

Very happy to hear this worked out for you, I am sure when you take it for a spin, you will be equally happy with the ride.

Yes those lower bolts are in pretty tight quarters, but it can be done.

Glad to hear the dwg was put to a real world test and all works. I have been known to leave off a critical dimension only to find it when I go back to duplicate it.

Once again, I am glad this worked out for you. I am happy to help.

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #39  
Does anyone know if the same bolt/hole pattern posted by JD25201965 will fit a 2720? I've been going back and forth between purchasing a 2720 and 3320 for a few months now. As sad as it sounds the suspension seat on the 3320 was a big part of my decision. With this suspension seat mod it might make my decision a lot easier.

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #40  
My guess would be the 2720 and the 2520 share the same lower seat belt bracket, in which case my mod would work fine.

Deere's website is pretty good for looking up part numbers and exploded drawings. I would check there and if the part number for lower bracket that the seat belts connect to are the same on a 2520 and 2720. If they are then you should not have any problems with the mod.

If the seat is the only issue swaying you from the 2720 VS the 3000 series, I would save some $$ and go with the 2720. My seat mod dimensions could easily be changed if there is a difference between the 2720 and 2520 brackets, but I bet they are the same.