2520 suspension seat?????

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #41  
Well, I ordered the SE seat, I paid a premium for the Yellow but I just did not want a black seat...

Well, the seat conversion on my 4110 did not go so well. It was to high and would not go back far enough without MAJOR surgery to the machine. I spent about 12 hours mocking up different ways to mount it but in the end I decided it was just not prudent to start hacking up my tractor just to make it fit.

So, I've got a nice John Deere SE seat for sale if anybody wants it:mad:

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #43  
So I broke down and ordered the seat for my 2320. I got the seat from Nothern yesterday, and the thing was thrashed. The weight adjustment knob was broke, at least 2 of the mounting studs were bent. :mad:

I'm sure UPS did there job and used it for a shotput. But the seat was in a big box, with no packing what so ever. Has anyone run into this before with this seat?? Northern sent me a new one, but if they packed it like the last one it will probably end up the same way...:(

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #44  
I did a SE Seat conversion on a 2210 in 2005. The post should be in here somewere if they weren't lost ? It was really easy! and Man was it a nice ride!!

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #45  
I did a SE Seat conversion on a 2210 in 2005. The post should be in here somewere if they weren't lost ? It was really easy! and Man was it a nice ride!!

This is the same seat, just black.. Oh and half the $$$..

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #46  
Well, the seat conversion on my 4110 did not go so well. It was to high and would not go back far enough without MAJOR surgery to the machine. I spent about 12 hours mocking up different ways to mount it but in the end I decided it was just not prudent to start hacking up my tractor just to make it fit.

So, I've got a nice John Deere SE seat for sale if anybody wants it:mad:

I sent you a PM about your seat being still for sale.

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #47  
This is great information posted. Thanks JD25201965 for posting detailed information. Before I order the Michigan seat, I have an extra challenge. I own the 2305 model with the swivel seat for the backhoe. I need to get completely away from that swivel and figure a way to add a seat in the back for the 260 hoe. If I can maybe mount a portable small seat from the ROPS maybe that will work? I will also need to drop by my dealer and see if there is any differences from the mounting of the seat on the 2520 and the 2305. It will be tough but hopefully I can get this done before spring. I have heard too many good things about this seat from several members.

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #48  
Hello BIGWES
I will also need to drop by my dealer and see if there is any differences from the mounting of the seat on the 2520 and the 2305.

I'm not absolutely sure,but I think the 2520 has a much flatter (more level) area where the seat sliders attach to the tractor.

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #49  
Hi KenneyD,

Saw your 10/2009 post on replacing the seat on your JD 4110 with the JD SE seat. Did you find any solution? My 4110 is killing my back. After two back surgeries I don't need anymore. I would love to find a solution for this problem. I also have a JD 5310 and it is like riding on a cloud compared to the little 4110.

Jack Miller

/ 2520 suspension seat????? #50  
Hi KenneyD,

Saw your 10/2009 post on replacing the seat on your JD 4110 with the JD SE seat. Did you find any solution? My 4110 is killing my back. After two back surgeries I don't need anymore. I would love to find a solution for this problem. I also have a JD 5310 and it is like riding on a cloud compared to the little 4110.

Jack Miller

Welcome to TBN Jack:)

I never did find a solution. I sold the SE I had and put everything back to stock.