Bent FEL Stand

/ Bent FEL Stand #1  

poppin_fresh

We'll, I finally did it....

Went to take the FEL off yesterday, which I've done several times, but this time wasn't on perfectly level ground. The right side came up and off, but the left didn't. I then tweaked the stand enough so that I couldn't get the right side to drop back on. After fighting for a while, I manged to get it back on and found a new spot to try again. I finally got it off and parked, but the stand is definitely bent a little at the downward bend on the right side.

I want to take the loader off more frequently since it makes mowing the lawn so much easier, but now I'm nervous. I'm sure it will bend even easier now that I got it started. I think I can get a new one for a couple hundred $$ or I might straighten mine the best I can.

I'm wondering if anyone has welded in gussets on those bends to reinforce them?

/ Bent FEL Stand #2  
We'll, I finally did it....

Went to take the FEL off yesterday, which I've done several times, but this time wasn't on perfectly level ground. The right side came up and off, but the left didn't. I then tweaked the stand enough so that I couldn't get the right side to drop back on. After fighting for a while, I manged to get it back on and found a new spot to try again. I finally got it off and parked, but the stand is definitely bent a little at the downward bend on the right side.

I want to take the loader off more frequently since it makes mowing the lawn so much easier, but now I'm nervous. I'm sure it will bend even easier now that I got it started. I think I can get a new one for a couple hundred $$ or I might straighten mine the best I can.

I'm wondering if anyone has welded in gussets on those bends to reinforce them?

Do you have any pictures ?

/ Bent FEL Stand #3  
This was a common problem with the 200 series loaders (I assume you have that...you did not say and your profile is empty) when taking it off on a unlevel surface. Those that bent them just replaced it IIRC.

/ Bent FEL Stand
This was a common problem with the 200 series loaders (I assume you have that...you did not say and your profile is empty) when taking it off on a unlevel surface. Those that bent them just replaced it IIRC.

Yeah, sorry. Its a 200CX. Are the new loader stands designed differently? Are the replacements any better now or am I going to have the same poor design?

Seems to me some gussets would make them much more sturdy and less likely to bend like exhaust tube. Especially for those of use who dont have a nice flatconcrete surface to add or remove attachments.

/ Bent FEL Stand #5  
I have no idea if the new ones are any different. As long as the gussets don't interfere with the operation or removal of the FEL I don't see why you couldn't add them.

/ Bent FEL Stand #6  
It depends where and HOW you bent the park. Mine bent at the joint and I used the tractor and a tie down strap to straighten it. I thought about gussets but I'm just careful how I take off and replace the 200cx.
The problem is that if you are causing stresses in something you're doing that is bending the park then gussets will only cause it to bend at another point.

Rob

/ Bent FEL Stand #7  
The manual likely suggests flat concrete to remove a loader but they should put it in BIG BOLD PRINT. ;)

/ Bent FEL Stand
The manual likely suggests flat concrete to remove a loader but they should put it in BIG BOLD PRINT. ;)

That's assuming you HAVE a flat concrete surface, which I don't (not even close). I dont even have a dirt surface that's perfectly flat.

Removing the bucket is tough enough, but it makes removing the 62" MMM even more difficult since some rocket scientist decided 1/16" clearance between the mower transmission box and the lift arms is plenty. People who have struggled to wheel their mower deck out from under their 2210 with out it hitting know what I'm talking about.

/ Bent FEL Stand #9  
People who have struggled to wheel their mower deck out from under their 2210 with out it hitting know what I'm talking about.

Yea, even the 3720 with smaller R4 tires has same problem with the 72" mmm on concrete floor.
But, I like the job it does cutting the grass and, fortunately, I don't remove/install the mmm very often.

/ Bent FEL Stand #10  
What you can do is place a couple of boards under the park so it is in effect higher, placing the arms higher.
When my arms bent I 'straightened' them and then some so there is more space between the park and the front tranny. If you do this make sure not to over do it. If the park extends to far forward when the loader is mounted it will prevent the use of front weights.
Rob