3520 PTO Selector Lever

/ 3520 PTO Selector Lever #1  

Acolar

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro, Cab
The front/mid-rear/rear PTO selector lever has always been extremely difficult to move from one position to another. Its so bad is almost bends the lever and moves the entire lever assembly to the right of the driver set.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

/ 3520 PTO Selector Lever #2  
This came up before some time ago. I believe it was KENNYD who posted a diagram of the mechanism along with a solution which is to loosen the bolt/nut holding the assembly together. Try a search on the topic. Might also try a shot of WD40 or equivalent.

/ 3520 PTO Selector Lever #3  
There are a few pivot points...see picture below.

Attachments

• pto.gif
    pto.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 396
   / 3520 PTO Selector Lever #4  
BUT.....Acolar has a Cab machine, which has a cable operated selector..I personally dont have the Mid-PTO, but from my analysis on how they install & operate, I'd check the cable itself...IMO the most likely culprit may be a kinked cable....or an impropery lubricated cable:

MP36873________UN13OCT05.gif

/ 3520 PTO Selector Lever #5  
BUT.....Acolar has a Cab machine, which has a cable operated selector..I personally dont have the Mid-PTO, but from my analysis on how they install & operate, I'd check the cable itself...IMO the most likely culprit may be a kinked cable....or an impropery lubricated cable:

MP36873________UN13OCT05.gif

Good catch Dave, I missed the Cab part...thanks for the backup:D

/ 3520 PTO Selector Lever
Thanks Gents:

Will check the cable - we expect rain Wednesday so its a good time to do some work on the machines.

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts and manual photos.

Tony

/ 3520 PTO Selector Lever #7  
Appreciate you sharing your thoughts and manual photos.

Tony

Good luck Tony, keep us in the loop please...

FYI-the photo's are from the jdparts site which you can access also for free (after registering), it's a wonderful resource.