Mowing JD 650 and a Sickle Bar Mower

/ JD 650 and a Sickle Bar Mower #1  

WDP

Tractor
JD 6420, Kubota L4330, Kubota L3130, JD 650
I have a JD 650 compact tractor with turf tires. I recently purchased a Gaspardo FBR 7' Sickle Bar mower for light mowing around the edges of my pond. Would it be possible to run the sickle bar mower with the JD 650? I also have a Kubota L3130 which I know will power the sickle mower, but I primarily run a Woods 6' grooming mower on it, and I hate the prospect of having to constantly change out the implements. I could spare my knuckles if I knew the JD 650 could handle the sickle bar....Any opinions greatly appreciated.

/ JD 650 and a Sickle Bar Mower #2  
According to the book I have on the JD650, It is to small to run the JD350 sickle bar mower. The JD350 is also a 7ft. model. The 650 only has 14.5 PTO horsepower. The first model listed to run the 7ft. sickle is the 850 which has 22.3 PTO horsepower. With that said, the sickle mower you have may take less pto power to run it and then you might be ok. There also could be a ballast issue with the size of the 650. Some one here with experience running a 7ft. sickle might have better info. I'm just going off the brochure I have for the 650 - 1650 CUT tractors. I personally have never used a sickle mower.

/ JD 650 and a Sickle Bar Mower #3  
I think it will power it ok but the ballast thing will probably get you. I have a farmtrac 300 dt (same size as L3130) and have issues. If it's flat or close to it I would try it. It would be nice to run on smaller machine. If the kubota is hst that is where it would go for me.

/ JD 650 and a Sickle Bar Mower #4  
Even if you had enough power to run it and drive forward at the same time the lack of weight and short wheel base would be the problem. My cub loboy has a five foot sickle bar, more weight and wheel base and in thick grass it will pull the machine around. Seven foot is definately way too much for that application.

/ JD 650 and a Sickle Bar Mower
Thanks very much for your responses. By far, I think the best route to go is simply putting the sickle bar mower on the Kubota L3130....plenty of power and stability around sloping pond banks. Thanks again!