John Deere 5425 Starting Problems

/ John Deere 5425 Starting Problems #1  

Dorie L

Just wandering if anyone has had problems getting their 5325, 5425 or 5525 Deere to start and stay running? Own a Deere 5425 and it will not run after setting for a few days. Have installed check valve in fuel system. The tractor will crank once and start, RPM's fall off/chokes down, and then will not turn back over. Please let me know if this has happened to you. Thanks

/ John Deere 5425 Starting Problems #2  
Just wandering if anyone has had problems getting their 5325, 5425 or 5525 Deere to start and stay running? Own a Deere 5425 and it will not run after setting for a few days. Have installed check valve in fuel system. The tractor will crank once and start, RPM's fall off/chokes down, and then will not turn back over. Please let me know if this has happened to you. Thanks

I had a similar problem. I replaced the fuel filter and the problem went away.

D.

/ John Deere 5425 Starting Problems #3  
I manage 10 of the 5325 tractors, knowing the electrical problems these tractors have I would tend to look there for your problem if it won't turn over after just starting. Maybe just a bad ground or moisture getting into a connection.Ours are open station and the moisture gets into the mfwd fuse panel and we loose transmisssion functions.