Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

Default Is eThrottle available on the JD3720?

My JD4720 came with eThrottle. Is eThrottle also available on the JD3720?
    Thank you,
    Regards.
    FRIZ

[I]兎Throttle is standard on the 4720 with an eHydro transmission. At the turn of a switch the transmission operates just like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together.納/I]
    John Deere 4720

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72

Default Re: Is eThrottle available on the JD3720?

Quote Originally Posted by FRIZ View Post
    My JD4720 came with eThrottle. Is eThrottle also available on the JD3720?
    Thank you,
    Regards.
    FRIZ

[I]兎Throttle is standard on the 4720 with an eHydro transmission. At the turn of a switch the transmission operates just like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together.納/I]
    Both 3X20 and 4X20 series have ehydro options along with speed control and anti-stall features. I have both 3720 and 4320 models with ehydro and don't see any difference in transmissions.

Silver Member

eThrottle is only available on 4520 and 4720 tractors, because they are the only John deere compact tractor models that have electronic engine controls.

The 3000 series does have a transmission called the "AutoHST" which does link the engine speed to the HST foot pedal, but it is a mechanical system, not electronic. The AutoHST uses one foot pedal for both engine and HST ground speed and uses a reversing lever by the steering wheel for direction control. Sort of like a hydrostatic power reverser tractor.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    eThrottle is only available on 4520 and 4720 tractors, because they are the only John deere compact tractor models that have electronic engine controls.

The 3000 series does have a transmission called the "AutoHST" which does link the engine speed to the HST foot pedal, but it is a mechanical system, not electronic. The AutoHST uses one foot pedal for both engine and HST ground speed and uses a reversing lever by the steering wheel for direction control. Sort of like a hydrostatic power reverser tractor.
    Thank you,
    Regards.
    FRIZ
    John Deere 4720

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post

This forum is a great source of info and to learn about products. This is the first I've heard of eThrottle. When looking to buy a 4X20 series, I was told by the dealer all 4X20 models have same exact engine and features with the exception of HP. I like the sounds of eThrottle feature along with the two speed PTO on the 4720. I like my 4320 (18 mos old) but if I were buying today I'd look very hard at the 4720. Maybe in a couple years ..........

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside360 View Post
    This forum is a great source of info and to learn about products.....
    Agreed!
    Regards,
    FRIZ
    John Deere 4720