Is eThrottle available on the JD3720?

/ Is eThrottle available on the JD3720? #1  

FRIZ

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4720 Cab
My JD4720 came with eThrottle. Is eThrottle also available on the JD3720?
Thank you,
Regards.
FRIZ

兎Throttle is standard on the 4720 with an eHydro transmission. At the turn of a switch the transmission operates just like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together.納/I]

/ Is eThrottle available on the JD3720? #2  
My JD4720 came with eThrottle. Is eThrottle also available on the JD3720?
Thank you,
Regards.
FRIZ

兎Throttle is standard on the 4720 with an eHydro transmission. At the turn of a switch the transmission operates just like a car by electronically linking the engine and transmission together.納/I]

Both 3X20 and 4X20 series have ehydro options along with speed control and anti-stall features. I have both 3720 and 4320 models with ehydro and don't see any difference in transmissions.

/ Is eThrottle available on the JD3720? #3  
eThrottle is only available on 4520 and 4720 tractors, because they are the only John Deere compact tractor models that have electronic engine controls.

The 3000 series does have a transmission called the "AutoHST" which does link the engine speed to the HST foot pedal, but it is a mechanical system, not electronic. The AutoHST uses one foot pedal for both engine and HST ground speed and uses a reversing lever by the steering wheel for direction control. Sort of like a hydrostatic power reverser tractor.

/ Is eThrottle available on the JD3720?
eThrottle is only available on 4520 and 4720 tractors, because they are the only John Deere compact tractor models that have electronic engine controls.

The 3000 series does have a transmission called the "AutoHST" which does link the engine speed to the HST foot pedal, but it is a mechanical system, not electronic. The AutoHST uses one foot pedal for both engine and HST ground speed and uses a reversing lever by the steering wheel for direction control. Sort of like a hydrostatic power reverser tractor.

Thank you,
Regards.
FRIZ

/ Is eThrottle available on the JD3720? #5  

This forum is a great source of info and to learn about products. This is the first I've heard of eThrottle. When looking to buy a 4X20 series, I was told by the dealer all 4X20 models have same exact engine and features with the exception of HP. I like the sounds of eThrottle feature along with the two speed PTO on the 4720. I like my 4320 (18 mos old) but if I were buying today I'd look very hard at the 4720. Maybe in a couple years ..........