318 Farewell Party

/ 318 Farewell Party #1  

northernjake

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 3540 HSTC, JD 2305, JD 318, 1951 JD AR, JD 6x4 Gator
After 22 years of great service from my 318, I am selling it because I bought a 2305, a Kubota GL3540, have another 318, and a 316. My brother is buying it along with the 46"deck, rototiller, 54" blade, and snowthrower. I know it should have a pretty good life, as it will get to stay in a heated shop. I always keep my stuff indoors but I don't have the luxury of a heated shop.
Anyways, I thought you might enjoy a couple pics of the tractors getting together enjoying a cold one as they bid farewell to the 318.
Cheers,
Jake
cky1f.jpg

dz8g8.jpg

/ 318 Farewell Party #2  
Someone call the cops, that Kubota and the 2305 are not old enough to drink stuff out of a red can. They should have a yellow can. :D

Nice Party!!!

/ 318 Farewell Party #3  
Hey what about the old timer sitting in the shed next to the camper? he sure looks thirsty! -Ed

/ 318 Farewell Party
Ed, there's another party inside the shed for the old timers (too much sun on a hot day for them). There is the Jeep, a 1951 JD AR, a Ford 800, and a Golden Jubilee. I think they are scared that the young ones outside might get carried away and get into some grass.

Jake

/ 318 Farewell Party #5  
All that machinery brings to mind that old saying, "he who has the most toys wins"! I think you are up front, at least way ahead of me!

At least you'll get to visit the 318 whenever you miss it!!! :)

/ 318 Farewell Party #6  
Looks like your brother is buying a brand new 318. Sure you ever used it? You will still have a nice collection when it is gone though.

/ 318 Farewell Party #7  
Wow! Those 318's are in pristine shape! I'd love to have some of that sheet metal for my beloved 332. Your brother is getting a great machine.

/ 318 Farewell Party #8  
Now I get it! Buy a tractor for every attachment. I wonder if my wife will buy it:D.

/ 318 Farewell Party
Thanks for the compliments, the 318 that I am selling has over 1400 hrs on it and runs like a champ. I don't wax and polish my stuff, but I do like to keep them clean, maintain them as required, and store indoors. The other 318 , 316, and Kubota are used for a small groundskeeping business that I took over for my Dad when he passed away last October. I just got the Kubota in April as there was a good deal of cash in the business account. The 2305 is for my 5 acres.
Lots of tractors.... heaven.

Jake

/ 318 Farewell Party #10  
Ed, there's another party inside the shed for the old timers (too much sun on a hot day for them). There is the Jeep, a 1951 JD AR, a Ford 800, and a Golden Jubilee. I think they are scared that the young ones outside might get carried away and get into some grass.Jake
I don't have a JD2305 sub compact and 3 JD garden tractors
But I do have these 3 Kubota sub compacts.

My next door neighbor has a JD316 he bought new back around 1987.
*Now I get it! Buy a tractor for every attachment.
I wonder if my wife will buy it:D.
100_2550.jpg

*You mean like this?
You can't see it in this picture but the tractor with the front blade on it has a 4 foot tiller on the back.
100_2555.jpg

Here is another picture showing the tiller.