Ballast JD 5303 Rear wheel weights

/ JD 5303 Rear wheel weights #1  

huntral

Tractor
2005 John Deere 5303 2 WD
I bought a 2005 JD 5303 2 wd. with a 512 loader. Problem is it has NO weight in the rear end. Does anybody know where to get reasonably priced weights for it? I don't really want to Juice the tires. Around here the cost is almost the same to Juice or add weights. If I juice the tires and poke one I got to do it all again! Any Ideas?? Thanks AL

/ JD 5303 Rear wheel weights #2  
I would look around locally for some weights to save on freight costs but realistically you may have to bite the bullet. Their kind of high in price but I agree about Juice it can be problematic too.

Steve

/ JD 5303 Rear wheel weights
Thanks for the link, that would solve the weight problem when using the loader. but that won't help when I need to use the 3 pt. hitch. or pulling a piece of equipment. The problem with a John Deere tractor is you can only use their weights! they don't make a fits all kind to fit! So far ,this has been the only problem I've had with this tractor. so my feeling is..if this is my "big" problem I don't have much to complain about!! I'm very happy with the tractor.it's done all I have expected it to do. AL

Last edited:
   / JD 5303 Rear wheel weights #5  
Does anybody know where to get reasonably priced weights for it?
I have had the same question for a while myself. Thus far, I've just been making sure I keep something on the 3 point.

Keep us posted.

I'm still in search for rear wheel weights. I need weight yet I need to leave the 3 pt. hitch open for equipment. I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the JD Wheel weights. I'm thinking 400 Lbs. each side? anybody got thoughts on how much more or less I should be looking for?

/ JD 5303 Rear wheel weights #7  
I would consult the manual to see what the maximum number of weights per wheel is.
On a 4x20 series it is three per wheel at 110 lbs each. I would go for max wt.

Steve

Thats the other thing I'm still waiting for. Manual!!Guess I got to hound the dealer even more!