Oil & Fuel John Deere fuel solenoid

/ John Deere fuel solenoid #1  

thekingoftonga

Having trouble with a JD4500 fuel cut off solenoid when the key is turned the engine spins but won稚 start. Removing the solenoid and turning the key the plunger goes in but then comes back out, but if I push it in it stays in and it works ok for the rest of the day. Can anyone help its driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance Ian

/ John Deere fuel solenoid #2  
Seems like if it would pull the plunger in that it would stay in. Pull the wire loose and check for how much voltage it getting thru. Maybe some corrosion?

/ John Deere fuel solenoid #3  
Having trouble with a JD4500 fuel cut off solenoid when the key is turned the engine spins but won稚 start. Removing the solenoid and turning the key the plunger goes in but then comes back out, but if I push it in it stays in and it works ok for the rest of the day. Can anyone help its driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance Ian

Welcome to TBN:D

If you are lucky, then the problem is the thermister on the on the back side of the fuse panel. there was a lot of talk about this years ago...do a search on the term "thermister" for some good reading...all the mid-framed 4x00 tractors had them.

Here is one thread of many I found: Thermister

/ John Deere fuel solenoid #4  
I found that fuel was seeping back in behind the solenoid plunger & added a fiber washer to the plunger to help limit the fuel from seeping into the solenoid. I too have gone through solenoids, checked relays, thermisters & voltages through the years, & this seems to be the resolution to the problem, at least in my case.