third function for 2320 Hydraulics?

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #1  

Dale1995

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
I have a 2320 and am looking at getting a grappel attachement or bucket, I have a three acre lot that has brush and trees to clear up. Has anybody out there done this setup? I need suggestions for the 3rd function hydraulic, what is easiest and cheapest. And any suggestion on the grappel would be nice to know also. If you have any pictures I would would like to see them. I hate to reinvent the wheel:rolleyes:

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #2  
I think on the 2x20 series tractor you will need to add an electric diverter to the loader hydraulics. It allows you to flip an electric switch to send hydraulic control to a different attachment. Definately not the most convinent way to operate a grapple!!

1131039640MVC-002S.JPG

New Sloan Express

I do not own one of these but I have heard FASSE makes a good diverter...

John

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #3  
do a search on 2520 hydraulics and you will find some very detailed instructions on how to do it. it should be very similar on the 2320. i added a two spool valve myself on my 2520 using the power beyond outlets behind the loader valve. cost about a dollar for the plug and o ring. better than the 300 deere wants for the pb kit.

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #4  
Dale I have done the exact setup that you want to do on my 2320 and it works great:DThe way I did it was to add a diverter valve on the loader mast with a switch on the joystick.With the valve off ,the loader works as normal for dump,curl.Flip the switch on the joystick to energize the valve and hydraulic fluid is diverted from the loader dump cylinders to the grapple.The grapple I got from Markham welding.I did this last winter.The grapple was $1000.00 delivered,the diverter valve I got from the surplus center for around $230.00 and have about another $250.00 in hoses and fittings.Hope this helps.Tim.

Attachments

• Picture 015 (Large).jpg
    Picture 015 (Large).jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1,206
  • Picture 021 (Large).jpg
    Picture 021 (Large).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 893
  • Picture 022 (Large).jpg
    Picture 022 (Large).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 784
  • Picture 020 (Large).jpg
    Picture 020 (Large).jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 918
   / third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #5  
All great advice...I guess you all don't need me anymore:cool:

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #7  
All great advice...I guess you all don't need me anymore:cool:

It was actually your thread on your grapple setup that gave me the idea.By the way,Thanks.;)Tim.

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #9  
It was actually your thread on your grapple setup that gave me the idea.By the way,Thanks.;)Tim.

You are welcome Tim-it is my pleasure to help.

The Electric Diverter is the best solution for the little JD's, because to add the "true 3rd function" that is often discussed (like from WR Long) involves accessing the power beyond circiut, and that is not very convenient of the JD's like it is on the Kubota's.

/ third function for 2320 Hydraulics? #10  
I think on the 2x20 series tractor you will need to add an electric diverter to the loader hydraulics. It allows you to flip an electric switch to send hydraulic control to a different attachment. Definately not the most convinent way to operate a grapple!!

1131039640MVC-002S.JPG

New Sloan Express

I do not own one of these but I have heard FASSE makes a good diverter...

John

Not convenient? How so?