Grading Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #1  

Spudland_Dave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935
I've got a Woods GB65 which I wouldnt mind repainting...is Identical to the "older" Frontier BB1065 which was made by Woods...

Question & Options I see:

A) Paint it original Woods "orange" with Woods Decals
B) Paint it JD Green with Woods Decals
C) Paint it JD Green and use the Frontier BB1065 Decals

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #2  
If it's truly identical I'd vote JD green & frontier decals (if you want to bother with them).

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #3  
I vote for green with Woods decals.

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #4  
Orange makes me feel sick. Green all the way. I would use Woods decals, no use cheapening the look with Frontier stickers. Frontier is good stuff, but is still the "cheaper" John Deere.

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #6  
I'm a fan of either the green or the orange. I like how my finish mower is in JD green, but has Woods decals.

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color
Thanks for all the input guys...seems like Green w/Woods decaling is the way to go so thats what I'll be doing!

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #8  
There is a downside to painting it a different color. When the green paint gets scrapped off, the orange will show through. Otherwise it is your blade and do what you want.

I will agree with LBrown59 about the black. It doesn't show rust or scratches. I have a black gannon, yellow gannon and Kubota orange (made by gannon) box blades. The black always looks the best and it doesn't matter what color of tractor it is on. Same goes for loader buckets, black tends to look the best with use.

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color
...black always looks the best and it doesn't matter what color of tractor it is on. Same goes for loader buckets, black tends to look the best with use.

Hmmm....Interesting thought, I do agree though..my bucket is scratched & dinged and from 25' away it looks great....At first I was thinking it would look plain...but mebbe it would look fine with Green decaling, etc...
Hmmm......now you guys got me thinking.... Pro to going black is I can have it sandblasted & powder coated for a very reasonable price...

/ Woods Box Blade Repaint - Green or Original Color #10  
I vote for the powder coating any chance I get, still available in jd green too. The black powdercoat does hold up well so decision time.

Steve