Cab Air Filters - Clean vs. Replace

/ Cab Air Filters - Clean vs. Replace #11  
Umm...I'm not following you Nuru...are you For or against K&N's?

What I'd WANT to do is use a K&N on the Cab...not the engine. I have no intentions of using a K&N on my tractor engine...
My experience with K&N's is a great one..got one on all the street vehicles we own. BUT...in dirt applications, I think we're best off with a quality replaceable paper element...
As for cost...most K&N's are in the $30-$35 range, sometimes more... Deere wants $25 for their cab filter...K&N's are good for 10+ Years...

As a side note....my Cab air filter was 5x more dirty then my engine air filter...which I thought was interesting...

Spudland_Dave; Nope i am not recommending using K&N for our applications, but I would like to know if anyone has used them. On another thread, somebody indicated that the diesel pickup truck forums did not like them for filtration. So that makes me even more wary.

/ Cab Air Filters - Clean vs. Replace #12  
Umm...I'm not following you Nuru...are you For or against K&N's?

What I'd WANT to do is use a K&N on the Cab...not the engine. I have no intentions of using a K&N on my tractor engine...
My experience with K&N's is a great one..got one on all the street vehicles we own. BUT...in dirt applications, I think we're best off with a quality replaceable paper element...
As for cost...most K&N's are in the $30-$35 range, sometimes more... Deere wants $25 for their cab filter...K&N's are good for 10+ Years...

As a side note....my Cab air filter was 5x more dirty then my engine air filter...which I thought was interesting...

That does not suprise me in the least. When I work in the field, the rear of the tractor is where all the dust is made. It seems to hang, and be drawn to the cab filter area due to the shape of the cab. The enigine filter has some covering to help the dust from lingering around the filter and a fan blowing air past.

I think an external foam "pre filter" would rock. It might save me from cleaning the other filter each use. It wouuld be easy to blow off with the leaf blower when cleaning the tractor also.