Backhoe JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755

/ JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755 #1  

wcpeabody

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 770
Hello,

I have a 770 and I am looking at putting a used #7 backhoe on it. The guy who had it has a 755. Does anyone know if the mounting kit from it will fit on to a 770?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

/ JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755 #2  
Hello,

I have a 770 and I am looking at putting a used #7 backhoe on it. The guy who had it has a 755. Does anyone know if the mounting kit from it will fit on to a 770?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Hi Bill, no the subframe won't bolt up to the 770. However if you have any welding ability..might be worth trying to modify it...or you could buy the right subframe from Deere. A couple/three years ago I called to see if it was still available and it was at that time..most likely still is.

If you do buy it, make sure you do get the frame off the 755 and all the mounting pieces..you never know what will be needed.;)

/ JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755
Thanks for the reply.

I talked to the local JD dealer they agreed with what you said. The also said the sub-frame would be around $1300 take 8-10 hours to add (seems like a long time) and I would also need the "power beyond" so all in all it would be >2500 to get the tractor set up to take the backhoe.

I am just not sure it is worth it to me. That backhoe is listed by a private seller for not much more then 2500......

Thanks again,
Bill

/ JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755 #4  
Thanks for the reply.

I talked to the local JD dealer they agreed with what you said. The also said the sub-frame would be around $1300 take 8-10 hours to add (seems like a long time) and I would also need the "power beyond" so all in all it would be >2500 to get the tractor set up to take the backhoe.

I am just not sure it is worth it to me. That backhoe is listed by a private seller for not much more then 2500......

Thanks again,
Bill

Oh yeah, backhoes aren't cheap, but $2500 is a good price...and, $5000.00 for a mounted and ready to use backhoe is not a bad price at all. Are you sure you don't have the power beyond already? What you'll see will just be 2 hydraulic fittings with a single hose connecting them, situated just above the top link mount. Another way to power the backhoe would be a PTO pump and reservior tank, might even be cheaper than the power beyond installed.
I paid about $3700.00 for the Taylor Way 766 I mounted on my old 770. I also paid a few hundred for framing channel pieces and other iron, about $20.00 for welding rod. Then several weekends fabbing it and welding. It would've been much easier to have someone else do it or buy the subframe and just fab the hoe to frame pieces.

Attachments

• 770with766007.jpg
    770with766007.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 1,598
   / JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755 #5  
Bill, I've seen power beyond kits for your 770 on ebay for a couple hundred bucks or less. They are quite easy to install on your tractor. I had a 670 which is basically the same tractor and installed mine myself in about a half hour. I also have an operators manual for the #7 backhoe and the subframe doesn't look to difficult to install. If your up to the task, I say go for it and install it yourself and save a few hundrend bucks.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I am sure there is no power beyond on my tractor right now.

I figured I could add the power beyond without that much trouble it was when the dealer service guy said the subframe took 8+ hours to install that scared me enough to consider I should not be doing it. Do you have break the tractor in 2 to put it on?

I do not know what would take 8 hours unless something like that had to be done to get the subframe installed????

/ JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755 #7  
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I am sure there is no power beyond on my tractor right now.

I figured I could add the power beyond without that much trouble it was when the dealer service guy said the subframe took 8+ hours to install that scared me enough to consider I should not be doing it. Do you have break the tractor in 2 to put it on?

I do not know what would take 8 hours unless something like that had to be done to get the subframe installed????

If you are talking about the sub-frame............you do not need to "break the tractor in 2" to put it on. I had a JD 770 with a 70 FEL and 7 BH.......the process to take the backhoe on and off was about 15 minutes. I believe that if you can spin a wrench then you can put a power beyond kit on........they don't look that hard. Also..........don't let BH price scare you.......your tractor will increase in value and marketability when and if you ever go to sell it and.........you won't believe how handy a backhoe becomes when you have one.

If you are talking about the sub-frame............you do not need to "break the tractor in 2" to put it on. I had a JD 770 with a 70 FEL and 7 BH.......the process to take the backhoe on and off was about 15 minutes.

It is the sub-frame that I am concerned about putting on myself. Like I said earlier the dealer quoted me 8+ hours to install it and then they said it would take 5 minutes to take the backhoe on & off.

How does the sub frame mount on to the tractor?

/ JD 7 Backhoe mounting on a 770 - from a 755 #9  
is the subframe part of the back hoe? if so, i will take a look at my owners manual and see what it says about installing it on your tractor.

Thanks.

To be honest, I am not sure. I was thinking it was installed on the tractor and the backhoe then hooked to it but I could likely be wrong.