Oil & Fuel John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil?

/ John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil? #11  
I changed the engine oil and filter at 50 hours as the dealer recommended in my 4320. He advised me to follow the sticker under the hood if it differed from the manual after that for the maintenance intervals. He said after 50 hours of bushhogging at 1750 rpm's (my primary use of the tractor) the engine would not need break-in oil any longer.

/ John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil? #12  
Anybody keeping track of how many different answers we get ?

It is truly amazing isn't it. This question has been asked numerous times and not just here on the Deere forum. It really shouldn't be a mystery as it seems to be. Like many others, I just play it safe and do initial service at 50 hrs.

/ John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil? #13  
if you havent yet i suggest you do it asap ,i have a 2320 an i did it @45 hours

/ John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil? #14  
I agree with most...Oil is what stands between you and costly engine repairs ..especially on a new tractor..penny wise pound foolish...Oil is cheap considering the alternatives..I would change it often and the filter as well.

/ John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil? #15  
Just a little more input for what it's worth. Just took delivery on a new 4120 a few weeks ago. My local dealer and I go back a long way - they've been in business since Custer was a corporal. He was very adamant about this - my engine comes with break-in oil from the factory. It needs to be changed at 50 hours - but no sooner. Better a few hours over than under. The rings need to seat properly and that takes a little friction. Now, I'm a big proponent of synthetic oils and I use them in everything I own. But - I will probably go one oil change with conventional Deere oil, then switch to synthetic just to be sure she's fully broken in. Plus - my dealer gave me the oil and filter for the first change! After that, the interval in the manual is the way to go - no need to change it on any other frequency. One exception would be if you go more than a year between scheduled (based on hour meter) intervals. The oil should be changed at a year. Time is an enemy of oil as well due to the products of combustion - i.e. water. One more quick comment. My tractor has the 4 cyl. Deere PT turbo diesel engine. The 3320 has a 3 cyl Yanmar. There could very well be a difference in how they are properly broken in. I'd ask your dealer - if he doesn't know, somthin's wrong bud!

-George

/ John Deere 3320, when do I change the oil? #16  
With alot of vehicles and motors to keep up with I find that changing at 50 hrs then at 200 hrs puts me on track. I can make the changes when I get multiples of 200 hrs. For all my trucks I change at multiples of 4000 miles, so when I turn 16k,20k,24k etc.

Steve