2520 Tool Box

/ 2520 Tool Box #1  

JeffInTexas

Tractor
Deere 2520
Hi all. I'd like to mount a small toolbox on my 2520 for hitch pins, gloves and the like, but have not found one designed for that purpose. I've been thinking about getting a small black steel toolbox and mounting it on the ROPS frame just behind the seat (beside the SMV sign) but have not found a small toolbox that I like. Most are plastic or too big. Any ideas?

Jeff

/ 2520 Tool Box #3  
Keep looking......you will find 'em at fleet and farm type stores for about $25.00 or so. Or....pay the price at JD.....the one I saw cost over $125. with the mounting bracket. Nice box....but...Ouch!! :eek:

/ 2520 Tool Box #4  
Jeff
Picked up a JD canvas tool box on clearance from a big box store (about $33).
Made clamp-on brackets to fasten to ROPS crosspiece, without drilling. Mounted a "shelf" on risers to clear seat belts, wires etc. Extended hazard sign back a few inches.Result is a large box with room for everything I need. Pull two clips and the box is easily removable.
This was a year ago, don't know if box is even available, but any box can be adapted.

Attachments

• Toolbox 2.jpg
    Toolbox 2.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 753
   / 2520 Tool Box #5  
I like this ammo box setup, but haven't investigated enough to see if it will work on my 2520 yet.

Attachments

• toolbox 1.JPG
    toolbox 1.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 868
   / 2520 Tool Box #6  
I don't have a picture handy, but I bolted an ammo box just behind the seat on the right side of the tractor. There are a few existing holes in the horizontal metal piece that runs between the two fenders, bolted on perfectly right there. No clearance issues with the seat, center link, etc. It's plenty big for a socket set, pliars, extra sheer bolts, pair of gloves, etc.

/ 2520 Tool Box
Thanks for the help, everyone! I'm a new member and this was my first post... it's been a great experience. Thanks again,

Jeff

/ 2520 Tool Box #8  
Inexpensive ammo box with no holes drilled in ROPS.

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 784
   / 2520 Tool Box #10  
Not a 2520, but here are my tool boxes on my 2320 tractor. Just love the smaller one. Very handy for gloves and headphones!

Attachments

• Ammo Box Project (19) (Large).jpg
    Ammo Box Project (19) (Large).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 657
  • Ammo Box Project (26) (Large).jpg
    Ammo Box Project (26) (Large).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,092