Good News - Bad News..... Need Help

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #1  

Silver Member
Tractor
Good news, just picked up a top and tilt new in a box from local dealer for $250 for my 4120.

Bad news, local dealer (one of a chain) going out of business....

Worse news I dont have the hydraulic ports to run it. Do have 3rd SCV but that is running grapple.

According to JD website I need the Electric Diverter Kit Part #LVB25511 $1,299.00.... That includes Two Additional SCV's (Either Third and Fourth or Fourth and Fifth)

I was wondering if I could get by with the Power Beyond Kit LVB25512 $279.00 Includes Rear Mounted Hydraulic Couplers and Hose for Use with
Backhoe on 4510-4710 and 4120-4720 Open Station Tractors.

Anyone know???

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #2  
I know...

Get the PB kit, and use it to feed a new joystick valve , and mount it on your fender or ROPS.

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #3  
you can get the power beyond kit but you will need an open center valve to put in line. the power beyond is just a constant flow of oil in 1 direction. can't be used to run a cylinder. get the power beyond, add a simple open center valve in a convenient location and you'll be good to go then, you could get a two spool valve if you think you might ever want another set of ports for any reason, not much more money!

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help
Thank you so much for the help....

May have to wait a while to get to try it out.

Wife had an emergency root canal this morning, and this afternoon my transmission on my truck started going.... Sounds like cracked flywheel on automatic transmission. Oh well it lasted 130K miles, and its a diesel so if I replace it it should be good for a while.

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #5  
I wonder...do they make hydraulic driven dental equipment? That would be a good use for an extra hydraulic port....just think, it would pay for itself after doing one root canal...from that point, pure profit.:)

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #7  
roger,

that looks like a slick set up for people wanting to add extra remotes....bet you could put them on about any tractor hooked into the power beyond....very nice and simple

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #8  
   / Good News - Bad News..... Need Help
Thanks for the ideas.

Went to JD website and I couldnt find the cost for the 3E kit.

I think I like the idea of the joystick also for this application though.

/ Good News - Bad News..... Need Help #10  
Unfortunately JD kits are sold through the dealer sales department, so you have to contact a salesman for the price.