headlights stopped working on my 955

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #1  

bstaub

I checked the fuses, can anyone suggest what or how to check anything else to find the problem with the headlights not working on my 955

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #2  
Do the tail lights, dash lights, and hood headlights work?

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #3  
I checked the fuses, can anyone suggest what or how to check anything else to find the problem with the headlights not working on my 955

JD755 asked a good question, do any lights work?
Another question: do you have a 12 volt tester? You could check for power and ground along the headlight circuit, make sure you've got power to the switch...then keep going until you find a problem.

ps: sometimes a fuse looks fine..but isn't

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #4  
The wiring sequence is from the battery, to the key switch, to the headlight switch, then to a 25 amp fuse. Power for all the lights I referred to comes from that 25 amp fuse. So I agree, if none of them work, check the fuse regardless of what it may look like.

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #5  
Sometimes both headlights will blow out at the same time if there is a voltage surge from the alternator, due to a malfunction in the regulator. I agree that the fuse is the first place to look.

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #6  
I also have seen 4 times where both headloghts burned out at the same time. Invest in a voltmeter or even a test light.

/ headlights stopped working on my 955
Do the tail lights, dash lights, and hood headlights work?

I have dash lights ,emergency flashers and rear lights. I changed to a new 25 amp fuse along with all the other fuses but it didn't chage anything

/ headlights stopped working on my 955 #8  
The fact your tail lights are working sure makes me think the headlamps have simply burned out. The head and tail lights are the last in the wiring chain. Look under the fenders behind the headlights. Remove the connector that goes to the headlight. See if you can measure 12 volts from the tractor cable end. Doing this first will confirm the headlight condition before purchasing new ones. If you do not measure 12 volts then I can look further into wire locations for places to check. If you do measure 12 volts, then it is time for new bulbs.

I have 2 headlights on the roll bar the headlights on the hood and also the headlights in the fenders all of which stopped working is there any type of relay switch to check?
The fact your tail lights are working sure makes me think the headlamps have simply burned out. The head and tail lights are the last in the wiring chain. Look under the fenders behind the headlights. Remove the connector that goes to the headlight. See if you can measure 12 volts from the tractor cable end. Doing this first will confirm the headlight condition before purchasing new ones. If you do not measure 12 volts then I can look further into wire locations for places to check. If you do measure 12 volts, then it is time for new bulbs.

I have 2 headlights on the roll bar as well as the ones in the fender and in the hood they all stopped working