Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Default Re: 200cx loader parking stand

Quote Originally Posted by PCABE5 View Post
    Your last picture that shows the paint missing is where I have seen these stands bend my old 200 cx included. The trick has been mentioned and that is to let the loader push the tractor so the stand doesn't slide. Not sure what the feet that were pictured would actually do.

Well Tuesday the dealer sent their representative down to look at my tractor and bent parking stand. After an hour of looking at it and taking FEL off and on he concluded that the stand did not hit anything and it bent at the welds due to bad manufacturing process. He even noted the bad looking welds and incomplete weld on the stand.

The dealer rep said he would go back and discuss his findings with the service manager.

The week went by and Friday morning while I was at a meeting at work I received a voice mail message from the service manager.
    He asked 2 questions in his message.
    1. When I was going to pay the bill for the service call
    2. Asked if I wanted to order a new parking stand.

Later in the morning a received an email from John Deere customer service stating hey would like me to either remove the parking stand and bring it to the dealership for inspection OR I am to schedule another service call for the John Deere mechanic to remove the parking stand.

I called the dealership back and spoke to the service manager.
    I advised him that #1 I have not received a bill for the service and call his representative did NOT bring a bill or invoice statement with him.
    I also told him he already sent a technician to inspect the parking stand and to charge me for a 2nd inspection was ridiculous, his charges for inspection and to document the problem are costing almost as a new part.

I also told him I am not buying a new parking stand just to have the new one bend in the future. The bending issue needs to be resolved. I would design and build my own parking stand before spending $236 on that cheap tube.

He told me in his 30 years with JD he has never seen or heard of a parking stand bend and he would call the regional JD rep and get back to me.

I like the tractor but I have lost my faith in JD and this dealership standing behind the products.

Oh and JD facotry has still not sent me a Case # which they said they would create on Monday. I guess this is how they hide issues, problem has never occured if they donot have a case number. !!!!

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Hang in there. Jd has their hoops to jump through before they can do anything. I think they'll take care of you. They stated a manufacturing problem. after all they did send out a regional rep, right? The manager on the other hand sounds like a jerk. Why ask for payment for a service call if it didn't cost him anything and the problem isn't resolved yet. Regional reps are paid by jd not the dealerships. Have green faith, the is more than one reason we pay so much for green paint. You may end up with the new improved stand. Keep us posted.
    By the way thanks for the post, I'll be a little more careful with mine now.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by yelbike View Post
    Hang in there. Jd has their hoops to jump through before they can do anything. I think they'll take care of you. They stated a manufacturing problem. after all they did send out a regional rep, right? The manager on the other hand sounds like a jerk. Why ask for payment for a service call if it didn't cost him anything and the problem isn't resolved yet. Regional reps are paid by jd not the dealerships. Have green faith, the is more than one reason we pay so much for green paint. You may end up with the new improved stand. Keep us posted.
    By the way thanks for the post, I'll be a little more careful with mine now.
    Please let me clarify the person they dealer sent was the Dealer Service representitive which they are billing be $101 for.
    Now the service manager wants to come out at an additional cast of $101 which I am wm refusing to pay. I told the Service manager it was his choice to send the Service representitive the first visit.
    If he wanted to come out he should of came out the first time.

Now the manger is contact the Factory rep. My phone calls to the factory have been useless, they still have not assigned the promised case number.

Paul

Tractor

Oh, well that changes things. I agree with you about the two visits. He can and should go but on his dollar. I think once jd corporate gets involved, some good should come from it. I would hold off on payment of the service call until you get either a case number or some satisfactory resolve. Just one guys opinion.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Well is been a while and I thought I would post an update.
    After calling and emailing the JD factory I finally received a case number which is 10274814.
    The factory still reports they have no other cases of a bent parking stand on a 200cx.
    Dealer is still waiting for the regional rep. to stop in.
    I still have not paid the dealer $101 bill for the initial inspection/checkout.

Basically I feel this case is going no where, its winter and the snowblower is onthe tractor so I am in no hurry at this time.
    In 2 more months I will want this resolved.
    Anybody know how long it should take the Regioanl rep to respond?

Thanks
    Paul

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Another update. Since its been 2 month without any word from dealer or JD factory. I called and left voiuce mail message at dealer.
    Emailed factory Customer support. I received an email reply that the Regianl Rep talked to the dealer and determined that the issue is not caused by a factory defect.
    Therfore the case is closed.
    I replied to her email asking why I was never contacted and how they could determine that when the mechanic sent out by the dealer said I do not do anything wrong, and stated the quality of the stand is bad.
    Addtionally my 1st question has not been answered Why did it bend.
    I received a reply that the case was closed no more emails would be responed to regarding this matter.
    I really thought JD was a better company then this.

I can beleive they can close a case without contacting the customer --- THIS IS REALLY POOR Customer SERVICE

Tractor
    JD 2520 / Ford 1710

I agree, when I hear problems such as this, I regret that I bought JD. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I never have an issue such as yours.

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Well I got a hold of the service manager at the dealer today. I asked him how could the case be closed when nobody has ever contacted me. I have called the dealer many times and emailed the factory. He apploigized onthe behalf of JD and said the Regional rep said their have NOT BEEN ENOUGH Reported ISSUES with the parking stand for JD to cover the cost of a new one.
    JD does not believe they have a problem. He told me only 400 parking parking stands have been sold as parts in 5 years. I told him that was 400 to many and the parking stand is a part that should NEVER have to be replaced.
    So everyone with an issue her contact JD that is the only way they will beleive they have a problem.
    As for me I am not buying a new one. I will straigten out the one I have and weld in a stiffener. I know when I finish with it, it will never bend.

Tractor

Personally I would push for the regional rep to contact you directly. I don't care if you are the only one with a defective stand, if it is defective, ITS DEFECTIVE. They should take care of it. On the other hand, if you can fix it, it may not be worth your time or aggravation. If you do choose to fix it, post some pics of the repairs please.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123