200cx loader parking stand

/ 200cx loader parking stand #1  

Lobo56

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210 & JD 650 1968 - 140 H-1 & 1969 - 140 H-3 , 1973 JD 11O
I have a 200 CX loader that I'm having a problem with the parking stand pipe bending at the support bracket. This is the second parking stand that this has happened to and I know of another person who has had the same problems with the pipe bending at this point. It's bending to the point that if you try to straighten it out it breaks totally off , I've had the loader for three years now and have taken it off probably 50 times. Has anybody else having this problem or heard of a design flaw? This happened on a flat concrete floor in the garage.

Last edited:
   / 200cx loader parking stand #2  
There where a lot of threads early on when the 200 series loaders first came out-but none recently. I wonder if the newer ones are better reinforced?

The problem mainly stemmed from taking the loader of on soft and/or uneven surfaces-but it sounds like you have that covered...

I just looked in JDParts-I think there may have been a update?

9 AW34790 STAND 1 X (SUB FOR AW33086)

The "SUB For..." has me thinking so...

/ 200cx loader parking stand #3  
The problem mainly stemmed from taking the loader of on soft and/or uneven surfaces-but it sounds like you have that covered...

The other common culprit is taking it off with the mounting for the snowthrower still attached. If that's not the case, is there anything that might make the front mounting plate a little off-spec?

/ 200cx loader parking stand #4  
Yes, I have had the same problem, happen today and two other times. Where can I find the parking stand part and what's the cost.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #5  
Yes, I have had the same problem, happen today and two other times. Where can I find the parking stand part and what's the cost.

Welcome to TBN:D
The stand is about $200 I think through JD. Register for free at www.jdparts.com and you can find it. There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature if you need help with it.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #6  
Welcome to TBN:D
The stand is about $200 I think through JD. Register for free at www.jdparts.com and you can find it. There is a quick tutorial linked in my signature if you need help with it.

I have a 2011 2720 with the 200CX I have taken the loader off about 6 times and today I just went to take it off and instead of lifting off the frame the stnad just bent.
I always take it off in the garage on a smooth level cement floor.
what is the warranty on this part, I cetainly never expected it to bend.
Dealer is closed for holiday weekend will call on Monday and see what happens.
How difficult is it to swap out?
Can it be done with loader on tractor?
If not how do you take the loader off?

Thanks
Paul

/ 200cx loader parking stand #7  
Paul, the warranty is one year I believe on attachments-the other questions I cannot answer for you. I guess you need to see if the dealer will work with you.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #8  
kenneyd wrote paul, the warranty is one year I believe on attachments-the other questions I cannot answer for you. I guess you need to see if the dealer will work with you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kennyd

Just looked up the part on JD parts $331,and the part number has chnaged again (4th time) to AW35648.
Looks easy enough to change out by parts digram.
Not crazy about spending that kind if $$ on a parking stand. Espically when I don't know why it bent or what I did wrong.
I was just takingthe FEL off to put the snow blower on.
If I can straighten it out again (its half way up the hood guard) I thinking about cutting it and adding a thick wall tube inside the stock JD tubing,
then welding back together with my mig. Grind it smooth and paint it and know would know it was ever bent. Plus it would be a lot stronger.
Right now I think about putting a sling (car tie down type) on each loader arm near the mast and using a come along to the attached to the rafters lift the mast off the tractor.
Since the book states loader frame weighs 380lbs their should be less then 100lbs on each sling since 1/3 of the weight is on the bucket resting on the floor.

Other option is to put a lift hook in each of the 3/8 hole at top of each mast. However with my luck I am afraid the mast would crack.

Thanks
Paul

/ 200cx loader parking stand #9  
I bent mine last winter the same way. That is I have no idea why. To straighten it I put an iron bar under the FEL bucket, over the top of the stand and then under the front mount for the snowblower. I lowered the bucket which pushed down on the stand until it looked like it was back where it used to be. That did the trick. I made up a couple of braces to weld under the area that bent, but due to injuries this year I have not been able to weld them on.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #10  
I was just takingthe FEL off to put the snow blower on.
Paul

This is how I bent mine. Forgot I had left the front quick hitch on and the parking stand WILL NOT clear it.

Unless it is bent really bad, it should still be funtional enough to take the loader off the tractor. Might be possible to replace the stand without removal from the tractor, but I think it is much easier if it is off the machine. I supported my loader with a couple of floor jacks while changing out the stand.

This may not apply to yours, but I noticed that the newer version of the parking stand is a larger diameter tube than the older one (mine is a 2007). The old one was 1 1/4 diameter and the new one was 1 1/2 (I think, anyway, it was 1/4 inch larger in diameter than the original).