3-Point Hitch Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread

/ Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread #1  

poppin_fresh

Hi Guys,
Did some searching, but still have questions.

I have been clearing my driveway with the FEL on my 2210, but its getting really old. The driveway is about 350' long and narrow with not a lot of options to pile snow. It would be much more convenient to blow the snow out of the way.

While a front mount is nice, it looks like its about $3000? That's not in the budget right now. The new frontier 3pt ones look nice, but I'm kinda sick of paying a premium for green paint and used blowers seem to be few and far between. What are my options?

Questions:
A) what size 3pt blower for a 2210?
B) approx how much $$ am I looking at?

Thanks,
Jon

/ Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread #2  
The new frontier 3pt ones look nice, but I'm kinda sick of paying a premium for green paint and used blowers seem to be few and far between. What are my options?

Jon...
I've got the "OEM" version of the Frontier SB1174 (Its really just a Blizzard B74 painted green)...and to be honest with you, I could have bought the Frontier blower CHEAPER this year then I paid for my Blizzard B74 (And I got my Blizzard at Dealer cost thru a friend)...

MSRP of the Frontier SB1174 is the same as Dealer Cost (last year) on a Blizzard B74

IMO the Frontier is a good deal...I wish that my dealer could have promised me a Frontier last year...last year when I was Buying they couldnt give me pricing or promise me a blower....turns out they were right, I didnt see any till this summer...While they are the SAME EXACT Blower, the Green Paint Job woulda matched my 3520 a hair better, LOL...

/ Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread #3  
I picked up a used Woods 52 inch blower for my tractor last year. Think I paid about $600.00 works good. My trractor is 24 HP. Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,042
   / Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread
Wow that was a great deal. I would be all over a deal like that if I can find one...

/ Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread #5  
Yeah, 3pt blowers aren't generally prohibitive in price. ;)

One caveat - using them requires you to turn your head like an owl, can cause neck problems. Both of my brothers went from a 3pt to front mount for that very reason. :eek:

/ Yet another 3pt Snowblower thread #6  
Or you can do what I do, put the tractor in low range 1st gear and stand on the platform looking backwards with my left arm behind me steering.