Deere 3020

/ Deere 3020 #1  

robert23239

Hello everyone.

I have an older deere 3020 diesel with standard shift. I have had the tractor since last winter and used it a lot in the hay field this summer. the pto works, the loader works and the remote hyd works fine too. But the other day I went to move the three point hitch lever for the first time and it acts like its stuck or jammed or something. I tried pretty hard and never could get it to move.

The 3 point arms leak down when the tractor is parked for a while and then go up once started. Could there be something that locks it up ?

/ Deere 3020 #2  
You know of course there is a lot of linkage for the hitch control on this tractor, I would start by taking the wrap around cover off the console and clean and lubricate the linkage. You can also unhook this at the rear to see if it is locked up this will start narrowing down the problem for you. I would lube the rear valve and throttle linkage while the cover is off too.

Steve

/ Deere 3020 #3  
If it is an "old style" and not a side console model, there is a cable that connects the lever to the rockshaft valve. It sounds like that cable is seized up. Install a new cable. If it is a side console model, it is all linkage. lube and free up all pivot points.

/ Deere 3020 #4  
If you have the cable they tend to rust up when rodents make a nest inside the dash. John Deere gets $165 for a cable. I wound the cable up and put it in a bucket with some kerosene. If you can get it some what loose chuck up a cordless drill and work it back and forth. Rinse it off in the kerosene a few times too. Be sure to spin the drill in the right direction so as not to unwind the cable. Dip the whole thing in some oil and repeat one more time. Can you tell I have more time than money?

Tim