jd 755

/ jd 755 #1  

jphill5688

how do I change the glow plugs in a 755 ? Starts hard under 50 degrees. Recent problem.

/ jd 755 #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

Ever changed spark plugs in a car before? It's the same thing as the glow plugs. You might want to check them with a ohm meter first to verify they are bad. They should read at near a dead short (almost zero ohm's)

/ jd 755
I've taken two of the three glow plugs out. Both measure about 1.8 mega ohms. I assume they are bad . Is that correct?

/ jd 755 #4  
I've taken two of the three glow plugs out. Both measure about 1.8 mega ohms. I assume they are bad . Is that correct?

Yeah, sounds like they are shot!

Just a note though-you don't need to remove them to test them, just remove the plug and test from there to ground.

/ jd 755
I'm inching ahead with this project. Any ideal of an online site to buy the glow plugs for my jd 755 other than john deere. Engine is 20 hp yanmar

thanks for the help

/ jd 755 #6  
Start here and you should be able to find someone in your area that can sell you the parts you need:

Yanmar America Corporation - Dealer Locator

I contacted a local company that sells Yanmar parts but their price was pretty much the same as the price on the JDparts website so I opted to buy from Deere. Once the parts arrived I discovered that the plugs were twice as expensive, turns out the price listed on the website was wrong and I needed the plugs so I sucked it up and paid the price. The same thing goes for the block heater, buying the Deere part will be about twice as much as a Zerostart and other people report no issues with using it.

Jason

/ jd 755 #7  
Is it possible that they just need cleaned? I cleaned mine with a wire brush and they seem to be working or did I just get lucky?