Oil & Fuel JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge

/ JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge #1  

AK River Runner

Tractor
JD110 TLB, Komatsu D21A7, Case 480D
Hello all,
My Hyd Oil Temp Gauge on the instrument panel is not working any ideas on where to start trouble shooting to find the problem.
I don't have the tech manual only the operator's manual so not many leads in there on trouble shooting.
Thanks all,
Ak River Runner

/ JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge #2  
Deere had some faulty temperature sensors on the early 110's, in most cases these read higher than actual temperatures. On mine the temperature barely moves off the cold mark and I am in southern New Mexico. I would doubt you would see any movement in Wasilla, AK. If you sign up for John Deere Parts you can view alot more information in the parts sections. Kind of opens the door to a new portal.

Steve

/ JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge #3  
Been around some complaints of hyd temp gauge not working. Tested gauge by putting a flow meter into hyd couplers and restricting the heck out of it until it got hot. In all of our cases customer was not using unit hard enough to get it that hot and gauge was working fine. Does not mean this is your case.

/ JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge #4  
When I first got my 110 I figured the temp gauge was not working either, they just run cold. I have gotten it to move once or twice doing loader/backhoe work, but it has to be over 90 degrees and working it hard. PTO work will bring the temp up the easiest, just do some heavy mowing for a while and you'll see it move.

/ JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge
Hey All,

Interesting info and this was my guess also that I was not working the machine hard enough to bring the needle off the mark and your right it has been fall time weather here now in the 40's so pretty cool.
I will check all the wiring to make sure, this machine is a 2004 with 1500 hr's so hopefully all is well.
Thanks Much 110's (One ten'ers)

/ JD110 Hyd Oil Temp Gauge #6  
You should be able to feel the oil on the transmission dipstick, hydraulic filter, transmission case etc. All should be cool to slightly warm to touch.

Steve