Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305 #1  

raykos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD2305
Has anyone with a 2305 and the hydraulic lift MMM figured out an easier way to mount the mower deck?

Today I was having "one of those days" and it took me close to 45 min. to mount my deck. Really hate mounting that thing! No matter what I did I just couldn't get everything lined up perfectly the way it has to be or that deck will not mount. What makes it even more miserable, is the deck sure doesn't weigh 10 lbs., so it isn't a piece of cake to move/lift/maneuver. I'd like to leave it on, but I need to use the FEL & BH.

So, has anyone else who's struggled with the MMM come up with any ideas to make it easier to mount? I tried cussing/pleading/begging and none of those seemed to work.

Thanks,
Ray

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305 #2  
Never more than 10 min at the most....most of time 5 on or 5 off.
Do this on flat floor. or hard surface
Turn mower wheels to the side so it rolls easily on the floor. Before taking the mower off the tractor.
roll mower under tractor I then hook up the pto then lower the lift arms down to the rear of mower attach both of rear hooks. then attach front mount to mower and then to tractor.

What is so hard ????? If you don't have your mower wheels turned to the side it could be a pain in the _ _ _

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305
etcallhome;
"Do this on flat floor. or hard surface..." Unfortunately, I had do the mounting in the yard, which I thought was flat enough...but the mower deck didn't!

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305 #4  
I also have gotten Turrets syndrome installing my 54" mowing deck on my 2305. For some reason, the two rear pins have a **** of a time getting into the lift arm holes no matter how well they look to be lined up from that awkward bent over head-upside-down position.

My best solution is to:
1) slide the deck into place as best as possible,
2) lower the lift arms (to align the deck side to side),
3) hook up the PTO shaft (so I don't forget it) then,
4) ***install the front hanger bracket*** then,
5) go to one side, grab the deck and give it a firm push toward the rear. At that point, the holes should be about as lined up as they will get possibly with a little bump one way or another and jimmy the pin through. Repeat on the other side.

One of these days, I'm going to remove the two spring pins and grind a real taper onto them. Then it should be a breeze and I won't sound like a whacko putting it together anymore.

Thanks 'ensoll',

Nice to know I'm not the only one who struggles with that deck; I wonder how many sales JD has lost because of friends & neighbors watching and hearing anyone of us with that MMM having so much fun trying to mount that "#!%*@*^" deck!

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305 #6  
Has anyone with a 2305 and the hydraulic lift MMM figured out an easier way to mount the mower deck?

Today I was having "one of those days" and it took me close to 45 min. to mount my deck. Really hate mounting that thing! No matter what I did I just couldn't get everything lined up perfectly the way it has to be or that deck will not mount. What makes it even more miserable, is the deck sure doesn't weigh 10 lbs., so it isn't a piece of cake to move/lift/maneuver. I'd like to leave it on, but I need to use the FEL & BH.

So, has anyone else who's struggled with the MMM come up with any ideas to make it easier to mount? I tried cussing/pleading/begging and none of those seemed to work.

Thanks,
Ray
I love leaving the 60'' mmm on my BX23 and using the BH & FEL.
I thot ya could do the same with theJD2305

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305 #7  
I wonder how many sales JD has lost because of friends & neighbors watching and hearing anyone of us with that MMM having so much fun trying to mount that "#!%*@*^" deck!

Don't know but I've seen a couple of burnt up one's on eBay; probably the negligent result of the owner trying to get those pins in!!

Still, I have to say, JD has done an amazing job stuffing 10 lbs of **** into a 5 lb bag with this machine. I just can't believe the number of things that can be installed on it. Plus, the work I can do is just astounding for a tiny little tyke.

LBrown59,

Yes, you can use the FEL & BH with the mower deck mounted; however, I just don't like having my deck bouncing over rocks, brush, etc. when I'm using those attachments to do some work on ugly ground.

ensoll,
"...Plus, the work I can do is just astounding for a tiny little tyke." Yes, you're absolutely right! Overall, I really am happy with my new best friend. The work it can do is amazing. I just did some excavating for a 24x40 garage/worshop and when it was time to pour the slab, the concrete contractor saw the piles of boulders & dirt I had dug, and he just couldn't believe it was all done with my new best friend. And I think this adds to the frustration level of the MMM. Can't help but wonder, how can JD design the ease of mounting/dismounting the FEL and BH and then screw up with mounting the MMM!?

/ Help mounting Hyd lift MMM on 2305 #9  
Can't help but wonder, how can JD design the ease of mounting/dismounting the FEL and BH and then screw up with mounting the MMM!?

Try my method and see if you still have a strong opinion about it. I don't think it's that bad. This mowing system is a far cry from the one on my old 318, which took at least 15-20 minutes to put on. And it's nowhere near as much of a pain to install as the bagging system for the 2305. That thing is hideous and very disappointing, coming from JD. I hate to mention anything critical with a kubota mosquito buzzing around this thread but it's the facts.

ensoll,

Yes, I've tried your method and it is a little easier...if everything is aligned perfectly, i.e. the splines on the PTO. Laying on one's back with the left arm awkwardly extended & trying to line up(or turn) the deck drive shaft to align with the PTO splines,(that can't be seen) is not at all "user friendly"!