Deere 3020 Injector leaking

/ Deere 3020 Injector leaking #1  

robert23239

Hello everyone,

I have an older diesel deere tractor and today a fuel injector started leaking.

I can see it pulse as the tractor is running. looks like it leaking out the washer seal. Ok my question, Can I just zip out that bolt put a new seal on and zip it back in ? Are they that simple to change ??

Thanks for any help.

Robert

/ Deere 3020 Injector leaking #2  
The 3020 injector is simple and easy to remove and replace. I done this in the field many times, if you have problems again you will want to be sure it isn't stopping up though. While you are doing this I would check the rubber return lines between the injectors to make sure these are not cracked. These are often overlooked and can cause fuel to drip on the exhaust manifold.

Steve

/ Deere 3020 Injector leaking
Thanks for the help,

I went to the deere dealer and they had the seals in stock, pretty good for a 30 year old tractor don't you think. I replaced both seals. The seals are located on the bolt for the fuel feed line. It was easy and no bleeding was needed, it started up right away and not leaking any more.

Thanks Robert

/ Deere 3020 Injector leaking #4  
Thanks for the help,

I went to the deere dealer and they had the seals in stock, pretty good for a 30 year old tractor don't you think. I replaced both seals. The seals are located on the bolt for the fuel feed line. It was easy and no bleeding was needed, it started up right away and not leaking any more.

Thanks Robert

Two possibilities. Common problem or you have a great dealer!!

/ Deere 3020 Injector leaking #5  
Thanks for the help,

Thanks Robert

Go to tractordata to see what year your tractor is, the last ones were sold in 1972. I had a 1968 model diesel way back when, it was a great tractor.TractorData.com John Deere 3020 tractor information

Steve