John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #1  

coglesby

Tractor
2009 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
I am new to TBN. This is an excellent forum for tractor lovers. I ordered a new JD 3520 (R4's) with deluxe cab and 300cx FEL on 9/25/09. It should arrive 11/12/09. The tractor and FEL costs $28,000. I currently own a JD 4310, R4's, PR transmission, and a 430 FEL. It has been a very good tractor but I wanted to upgrade to a cab. The summers here in SE Georgia get pretty darn hot. My dealer allowed me as much on a trade in as I was asking for a sale price. Needless to say, I am anxious to receive my new tractor. My order included the radio mount and speaker kit. My plans are to install a Sony MEX-5100 Bluetooth stereo. This is a single DIN unit. Can I expect installation problems? Is the top of the cab hard to remove for the radio installation? If anyone has experience with this, I would appreciate some info and pics if possible.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #2  
Congrats!

Radio...I'd get the dealer to install the Radio for you. My dealer gladly installed my Kenwood unit for me. Pretty much the only deal was I needed to supply everything "ready to go"....which really just consisted of getting the correct harness for the unit. Search past threads and you'll see plenty of posts with the PN#'s and everything needed.

I've never removed the roof myself, but I dont think its rocket science...2 person job for sure though. Why i'd reccomend the dealer doing it would be to make SURE the cab roof seals are 100% Perfect...again, numerous posts here about Cab Roof seals and the consequences in regards to cab HVAC.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order
Thanks for the information Dave. I'll take your advice and ask my dealer if he'll install my radio.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #4  
lets see the pictures when your new tractor arrives congrats on the purchase

I will post pics when the new tractor arrives. After waiting this long, I am a little anxious. I used my 4310 last weekend for the last time. It has been a very good tractor but I am ready for a cab. As the old saying goes, "Good Things Come For Those That Wait".

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #6  
You will love that cab! Worth waiting for, and worth treating yourself to.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #7  
Good luck with the new 3520, you deserve it. Will you miss the 4310?

I will miss the 4310. I am a little concerned that I may not like the E-Hydro transmission on the 3520. My 4310 was a hoss with the electric power reverser. I grew up on a farm where we run all John Deere equipment and I'm accustomed to "gear to ground" performance. As a teenager, I remember when we bought a tractor (a 4840) with the hydraulic shifter transmisson back in 1980. I had been operatng 4020's, 4320's, a 4030, and a 4630 before we bought the 4840. It took some getting used to, but over time I learned the benefits of having one. One thing I am sure of is if it is John Deere green, it has been thoroughly tested and the quality will be top of the line. By the way, I enjoy the discussions in this forum. No one understands why big boys need their toys until they get bitten by the "tractor bug".

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #9  
...I'm accustomed to "gear to ground" performance.

Dont worry about it...I'm from the same background and the ONLY reason I got the eHydro in the first place was because the cab was a must have...
almost 2 years later, I'm a eHydro believer... I've never ran out of power, only traction.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #10  
I would not be suprized if the PR tranny is eliminated and we are left with only hydro tractors in the CUT division. Just not much need for it anymore.

Steve