5603 pto ?

/ 5603 pto ? #1  

cloahsark

Hi, anyone else having trouble with a stuck pto on a 5603 ? J Deere says it needs to " work in " and nothing is wrong except im lieing on my back in the muck smacking on pto rod with hammer while someone works pto handle in cab while i prey i dont end up with ag tire tread marks on my face. This is actualy what they told me to do. Im not gonna like this in january.

/ 5603 pto ? #2  
Is your pto shaft stuck or your hydraulics not working? In other word, when you engage the pto, does it work or not? I had a problem w/ my hydraulics getting stuck in the up position on my 5103, it was a cheap fix.

/ 5603 pto ? #3  
Doesn't sound like the dealer is taking care of you!!!!

/ 5603 pto ?
The hydraulics seem fine, just pto. Service guy has been out 3 times, last time he showed me where to rap on the thing with a hammer while someone tried to engage pto in cab, im not a fan of laying in the muck on my back IF im lucky enough to find someone to help.I am pretty sure they dont really want to split the tractor in half, but there going to have to. im sick of hooking up the spreader and filling it then driveing the rig out to the field just find find i cant get pto engaged then drive back to find a helper jam them in the cab and go back out to field and put maybe a 9 year old in the cab to mess with pto while i lay in the muck with a hammer hoping the kid isnt mad at me for dragging him out there, and do that for every load ? thats nuts,truency cops will throw my *** in jail for keeping a kid out of school ....im aggravated.

/ 5603 pto ? #5  
I would take the tractor and spreader to the dealer and I would walk in and tell him not to bring that f***ing tractor back until the spreader is empty and walk out!!!!!

/ 5603 pto ? #6  
The hydraulics seem fine, just pto. Service guy has been out 3 times, last time he showed me where to rap on the thing with a hammer while someone tried to engage pto in cab, im not a fan of laying in the muck on my back IF im lucky enough to find someone to help.I am pretty sure they dont really want to split the tractor in half, but there going to have to. im sick of hooking up the spreader and filling it then driveing the rig out to the field just find find i cant get pto engaged then drive back to find a helper jam them in the cab and go back out to field and put maybe a 9 year old in the cab to mess with pto while i lay in the muck with a hammer hoping the kid isnt mad at me for dragging him out there, and do that for every load ? thats nuts,truency cops will throw my *** in jail for keeping a kid out of school ....im aggravated.

Did he suggest checking the pto engagement lever? I know one fellow who had the same problem and he had to adjust his lever. Other than that, they need to fix it right and quit jerking you around.

/ 5603 pto ? #7  
I've got a 5400 and it may be totally different but if its all mechanical like mine disconnect at the torque tube to see if the problem is on the outside on in the clutch. Mine has been glass smooth. No trouble at all which leads me to beleive it could be in the clutch.

/ 5603 pto ? #8  
ya i got problem with pto only has 380 hr and its stuck

/ 5603 pto ? #9  
Did he suggest checking the pto engagement lever? I know one fellow who had the same problem and he had to adjust his lever. Other than that, they need to fix it right and quit jerking you around.

i took the cable off the arm and try to ingage it i had to hit it with a hammer this is crazy for a j deer that is only 4 years old to have to beet it in gear seems like j deer could fix this problem

/ 5603 pto ? #10  
i took the cable off the arm and try to ingage it i had to hit it with a hammer this is crazy for a j deer that is only 4 years old to have to beet it in gear seems like j deer could fix this problem

Welcome to TBN, 64baja. This is an old thread - but, still on target for your problem!! :mad:

Sounds like the problem is not with the cable, correct? The pto clutch lever is stuck and that's what you're poundin' on?

Where's your dealer in all this...?

AKfish