Tires Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #1  

kimodc

Bronze Member
My tractor is in need of some new "shoes." I was able to buy a new set of Carlisle multi-tracs for the front (23x8.50x12) but Carlisle does not make the multi tracs for the rear 33x12.50x15. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I can't seem to find any turf tires for the rear the size I need. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kim

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #2  
I was searching for stuff on Machinefinder this evening and think I remember see a set of takeoffs for an 855, might want to check that out.

Steve

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #3  
I use the same size turf tires as your 855. While I don't need new ones yet, I have researched a few times to see what is available. Just as you found, there are many options from different manufacturers for the front tires, even R4s. The rears are a different story as no one seems to make that size. This is no help to you, but I'll be interested to see if someone else comes up with something.

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #4  
FWIW, you might look into light truck tires. This is the size I'll put on my Jeep if I ever get it back together. Perhaps an all-terrain in that size might work?

And the rear tires on my 855 are also quite worn...

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855
I did a little more searching and found that goodyear does still make a 33" softrac....at $360 a piece! ...plus shipping. Instead I ordered some new 36" multi-trac blems for $125 a piece shipped. Since mine is a 2wd I am not as worried about matching up with the fronts. 36" tires were an option for the 855, but you cannot use a 72" mmm with them.

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #6  
I think I saw your post. And $360 per tire is a bit nuts. But as I have 4wd on mine, adding a couple inches to the rear tire size isn't an option. Plus, I have a 72" mower which I use weekly during the summer.

So I must keep the eyes open for opptions. Light truck tires may end up being what I do. Unless I find some used tires. That's kind of what I hope for. Dream for.

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #7  
And today I discovered that one of those rare R3 tires my tractor uses appears to have a puncture somewhere due to being so worn down.

Just don't have the cash to buy new tures and have them mounted/filled. May keep the R4's on over the summer.

/ Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #9  
I found a set of good used Good used 90% tread Good Year Turf tires 33x12.5x15 mount on wheels(looked like JD pattern) they were painted orange (They said Kubota) Front rims had a different bolt pattern then front JD , but they were also in great shape 23x8.50x12 carlisles these were at Weavers Compact Tractor parts in Shippenesburg PA , they advertise in Tractor House, I dont know what they want for them but they were in great shape!

Last edited:
   / Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855 #10  
I did a little more searching and found that goodyear does still make a 33" softrac....at $360 a piece! ...plus shipping. Instead I ordered some new 36" multi-trac blems for $125 a piece shipped. Since mine is a 2wd I am not as worried about matching up with the fronts. 36" tires were an option for the 855, but you cannot use a 72" mmm with them.

Hey Kimodc,

Would you mind to tell me where you got your blems. I have been pushing off buying for the same reason. I have done quite a bit of looking and the best I found was my JD dealer (believe it or not!) at 275 each. Too much and so if I can find another set of blems like yours, my 855 might have some new shoes to take on the lawn this spring.

Thanks,
Phil