Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855

My tractor is in need of some new "shoes." I was able to buy a new set of Carlisle multi-tracs for the front (23x8.50x12) but Carlisle does not make the multi tracs for the rear 33x12.50x15. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I can't seem to find any turf tires for the rear the size I need. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kim

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Default Re: Replacing rear turf tires on jd 855

I was searching for stuff on Machinefinder this evening and think I remember see a set of takeoffs for an 855, might want to check that out.

Steve

Tractor
    John Deere 755 purchased new in 1993

I use the same size turf tires as your 855. While I don't need new ones yet, I have researched a few times to see what is available. Just as you found, there are many options from different manufacturers for the front tires, even R4s. The rears are a different story as no one seems to make that size. This is no help to you, but I'll be interested to see if someone else comes up with something.
    JD 755, 70 Loader, 60 inch MMM, Landpride rear blade, Modern box blade, Wallace subsoiler

Tractor
    Which one?

FWIW, you might look into light truck tires. This is the size I'll put on my Jeep if I ever get it back together. Perhaps an all-terrain in that size might work?

And the rear tires on my 855 are also quite worn...

Bronze Member

I did a little more searching and found that goodyear does still make a 33" softrac....at $360 a piece! ...plus shipping. Instead I ordered some new 36" multi-trac blems for $125 a piece shipped. Since mine is a 2wd I am not as worried about matching up with the fronts. 36" tires were an option for the 855, but you cannot use a 72" mmm with them.

Tractor
    Which one?

I think I saw your post. And $360 per tire is a bit nuts. But as I have 4wd on mine, adding a couple inches to the rear tire size isn't an option. Plus, I have a 72" mower which I use weekly during the summer.

So I must keep the eyes open for opptions. Light truck tires may end up being what I do. Unless I find some used tires. That's kind of what I hope for. Dream for.

Tractor
    Which one?

And today I discovered that one of those rare R3 tires my tractor uses appears to have a puncture somewhere due to being so worn down.

Just don't have the cash to buy new tures and have them mounted/filled. May keep the R4's on over the summer.

Tractor
    JD 4200

Here's where I get my tires, they're very reasonable and quick with their shipping. Brutt Specialty Tires: ATV Tires, Trailer Tires, Special Equipment Tires

M.D.
    2001 JD 4200, 420 loader, HF Quick Hitch, bucket boom, back blade, boom pole, forks, carry-all, moldboard plow, middle buster, receiver hitch, post hole digger.

My Pics
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...0/ppuser/33421

Tractor
    48" bobcat walk behind , 60" Dixie Chopper Classic , 755 John Deere 4x4 70 ldr belly mower etc etc , 7610 Ford 4x4 7412 ldr and 10 ft rhino hogg

I found a set of good used Good used 90% tread Good Year Turf tires 33x12.5x15 mount on wheels(looked like JD pattern) they were painted orange (They said kubota) Front rims had a different bolt pattern then front JD , but they were also in great shape 23x8.50x12 carlisles these were at Weavers Compact Tractor parts in Shippenesburg PA , they advertise in Tractor House, I dont know what they want for them but they were in great shape!
    Last edited by Kevin M; 04-05-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by kimodc View Post
    I did a little more searching and found that goodyear does still make a 33" softrac....at $360 a piece! ...plus shipping. Instead I ordered some new 36" multi-trac blems for $125 a piece shipped. Since mine is a 2wd I am not as worried about matching up with the fronts. 36" tires were an option for the 855, but you cannot use a 72" mmm with them.
    Hey Kimodc,

Would you mind to tell me where you got your blems. I have been pushing off buying for the same reason. I have done quite a bit of looking and the best I found was my JD dealer (believe it or not!) at 275 each. Too much and so if I can find another set of blems like yours, my 855 might have some new shoes to take on the lawn this spring.

Thanks,
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast