iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions?

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #11  
I never planned on using my Imatch nearly as much as I do now that I have it.....I am SOOOOOO glad that I made ALL of my attachments fit it, because i now refuse to use any implements that aren't made for Imatch (or made by me).

I would get 2 Imatches, then they ALL interchange.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #12  
Pat's is not made to be as easy as an I Match. It is made to be more versatile. Since it only does the lower links it will fit any implment with no modification. It will even do a PHD; the I Match, Speeco, and othe quick hitches will not. Pat's should still be easier than hooking up the lower links by hand (although I have never tried adjustable links).

The way I see it my concern is the larger implements that are difficult to hook up solo, the post hole digger is easy to deal with, and I use it infrequently. It is very easy to pull the pins on an I Match to install or remove solo.

I Match is great for people that change implements frequently (or would like to) and is very fast, most of my implements are along a rear fence and in the summer with frequent mowing they are moved around. Takes about 1/2 hr to move 8 implements forward mow the strip and move the implements back.

Steve

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #13  
If I were you I would go with the Imatch, assuming you can buy the exact model again, so both your tractors are identical. Myself, I own the Speeco. It works fine, and I have adapted all my stuff to it. Once you go down the path of adapting everything to the quick hitch, you choose the top-hook position that works, and every attachment then has to be adapted to that upper hook position. That means choosing a hole, or drilling a new hole, in the implement so the upper pin is correct.
In my case, one day the extra flanges on the Speeco quick hitch (above the holes I used for the top hook), tore a big hole in a hydraulic line for me. so I cut all the extra flange height off there and ground it smooth. The adjustability has no function once you choose the position you will use for everything.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #14  
If I were you I would go with the Imatch, assuming you can buy the exact model again, so both your tractors are identical. Myself, I own the Speeco. It works fine, and I have adapted all my stuff to it. Once you go down the path of adapting everything to the quick hitch, you choose the top-hook position that works, and every attachment then has to be adapted to that upper hook position. That means choosing a hole, or drilling a new hole, in the implement so the upper pin is correct.
In my case, one day the extra flanges on the Speeco quick hitch (above the holes I used for the top hook), tore a big hole in a hydraulic line for me. so I cut all the extra flange height off there and ground it smooth. The adjustability has no function once you choose the position you will use for everything.

Second that. I have Speeco. Never changed the hook position.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #15  
Check your implements. I have both an I-Match and a cheap (Harbor Freight) adjustable quick hitch.

I have implements where the width of spacing for the top hook is so narrow the HF one will not fit in. The JD is just as thick as the hook, the cheap ones have the adjustable metal bracket and bolts and is fairly bulky.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #16  
Hi i have a speedco on my jd 870 had great luck with it i have a Leinbach hd 6ft scraper blade this is a heavy blade, the only thing u have to use is the adapter speedco gives you with the adapter.which only takes a sec to put the pin in.Sleepy

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #17  
If you have an implement set up for I Match how will you use it with the Pats Easy Change?

Still say I would make them all the same.

Steve

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions?
If you have an implement set up for I Match how will you use it with the Pats Easy Change?

Still say I would make them all the same.

Steve

Hi Steve - After thinking this through, there aren't really any implements I would want to share between tractors. My tiller, bush hog and ballast box are all too small or not needed for the 4120. My PHD, FlexPoint hitch, 74" snowblower and soon to be box blade and rear mower will be for the 4120. Wouldn't hurt a bit to set up the 4120 w/ the Pat's system. Heard lots of good things about it. Yes, you have to connect the top link, but that's cake after your draft links are hooked on. Will also allow me to quick-connect to my PHD - although I don't use that too often. When I do, I'm usually installing a new paddock fence and will keep it on for a few days until I'm done setting the posts. I'm still on the fence, but will get either the Pat's system or another iMatch - not a Speeco.
-George

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #19  
George,
Don't know about your situation but in mine I have two implements that are not I Match or skidsteer, the phd and the boxblade. The boxblade will be adapted when I pickup the steel for it. As your implement list grows, ( I currently have 10 I Match ones) it becomes a bigger deal, the more of a variety you have the more likely you will want to choose a specific implement that performs a task the best. Give that some thought as I have so that is why I made sure to get the telescopic links on the new tractor and converted everything to I Match.

Good luck with your decision,

Steve

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #20  
For those of you that have modified your implements to work with your quick hitch whether IMatch, Speeco, or other....

I'm modifying my one and only (for now) implement (blade) to work with my Speeco quick hitch. I plan on using the standard 15" Cat 1 vertical spacing between bottom hooks and the top hook hoping that using the standard spacing would most likely ensure that future implements fit without modification.

Am I thinking about this right or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!