iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions?

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #1  

OtterBrookStables

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4120
We need to buy another quick hitch as it's a pain sharing the one iMatch we have between tractors. Noticed the Speeco Quick Hitch - sold as a FarmForce brand at TSC. The Speeco unit looks beefier than the JD imatch and it has an adjustable top hook. Best of all - it's about $75 cheaper that the iMatch. Anybody have experience with the Speeco's. Would love to hear your opinions. Also - the TSC units are this calf turd yellow color - downright ugly. I know the Speeco units are available in black. Anybody know of a low cost source for them?

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #2  
Speeco makes a couple different ones. There are two listed as Cat 1 hitches that have different spacing between the lift arms (One having a spacing of about 26 1/2", the other being about 27" or 27 1/2 "). I would be sure to measure your implements before going to TSC, and then measure the hitches when you are at the store.

As for a low cost source, you might try Rural King or Harbour Freight.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #3  
My vote is the I-Match. It's the right quality and the right color. The adjustable top hook on the Chinese knock-offs mean nothing to me-if I have to get off to change it then it's not a QH to me. All of my implements are either bought I-Match compatible or made that way by me.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #4  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactely. I Match :D

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #5  
If I already had one iMatch, I would get a second just to be certain everything was completely compatible.

You could have more than $75 worth of headache with just a minor misfit.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #6  
Bought the Speedco with the tractor 7 years ago. The difference in price more than paid for the chain boxes and a quart of JD Green to made it the "correct color".

Only instance where the adjustable hook came into play is when I had to attach an older brush hog at a neighbors. The H adapter that came with the hitch allowed the use of that non-I match compliant cutter without dropping the quick hitch. Of course the hook had to be removed, which probably took about as much time as dropping the entire quick hitch (at least with two people around that is. If it were only me, using the H adapter would have been quicker---and easier on the back-- than wrestling the QH alone).
Good luck.

Attachments

• chainboxafter.jpg
    chainboxafter.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,184
   / iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #7  
I Match :)

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions?
New twist: I think I'm going to convert to Pat's Easy Change system. I'll leave the iMatch on the 2210 and use Pat's system on the 4120. Most implements won't be shared going forward anyway and I really like the flexibility of the Pat's system. Allows any Cat 1 implement to be sued without bushings - including my PHD.

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #9  
I would go with I Match on everything KISS. You never know when you will need to use the other tractor with an implement even if it is just to move it out of the way. I dont see where Pat's Easy Change is as easy as I Match.

Steve

/ iMatch vs Speeco / FarmForce Quick Hitch: Experiences and Opinions? #10  
Pat's is not made to be as easy as an I Match. It is made to be more versatile. Since it only does the lower links it will fit any implment with no modification. It will even do a PHD; the I Match, Speeco, and othe quick hitches will not. Pat's should still be easier than hooking up the lower links by hand (although I have never tried adjustable links).