Grading 390 jd PLOW BLADE

/ 390 jd PLOW BLADE #1  

sleepynightowl

Tractor
John Deere 870
Hi I have a 390 jd plow blade that mounts under a 870 jd tractor after mounting it under the tractor ,the blade wont clear a 2x4 on edge, i plow with 544 jd with a 15 ft quick switch blade at work .that made me think of mounting my 390jd blade on my 870 jd with a 440 loader with a quick tach with the cushion vlv (DBR) on the link .i had purchased the 390 blade at a auction a newone. the ram was locked up i had in a press with 20 tons + on it it wont move also removed snap ring to rebuild with a new kit if it would come a part .so i bought a new one at 400.00 from jd now the other one is bad. so i have a fisher plow that was made in Camden Maine this is a old blade i plowed with it on a 1962 scout 4x4 when i was 10 yrs old. i cut off the sub frame and made it fit the ears that fit the 390 blade on my loader quick link. my question is who made these rams on the 390 blade i would like to find a replacement for them.my old fisher is not quick switch. fisher rams are 100.oo vs 400.00 jd they wont interchange. i wonder if arps made the jd blade any info would be great Thanks Sleepy.

/ 390 jd PLOW BLADE #2  
JD made two different length front brackets for the 390 blade on the 70 series tractors. You probably have the wrong (long) ones if the blade won't come up about a foot.

/ 390 jd PLOW BLADE #3  
Snowplow brackets and extension 001.JPG

Here is my rig