Transmission fluid spec

/ Transmission fluid spec #1  

mrtfelton

Tractor
JD 3032e
I was told transmission fluid for my 3032e is high at a JD dealer. Anyone know what kind of trans fluid I can get some where else?

/ Transmission fluid spec #2  
Why not go to the dealer and find out for yourself?...I think you will be surprised. I guess I just never understand buying a high quality machine (no mater the brand) to then go bargain basement shopping for the stuff to maintain it.

/ Transmission fluid spec #3  
I suggest going to the dealer as well. "Assumption is the mother of all ****ups", and basing whether to buy something or not off of someone's word is just the same. There's no reason to buy an expensive tractor and then cheap out on the fluids used.

When I bought fluids for my 3320 a few months ago, it was about $120, including tax, for 1 5-gal bucket($55) and 3 gal. jugs of low-viscosity hygard($20 each). I needed 8 gallons total and if I'd of been able to return the 3 gal. jugs than I would've just bought another 5-gal bucket as it was cheaper.

:cool:

/ Transmission fluid spec #4  
Plenty of high-quality alternatives to JD-branded transmission/hydraulic fluids out there. I use Chevron 1000 THF. It meets JD's J20C spec. Nothing bargain-basement about it. The only downside is that the color is ORANGE.

/ Transmission fluid spec #5  
Plenty of high-quality alternatives to JD-branded transmission/hydraulic fluids out there. I use Chevron 1000 THF. It meets JD's J20C spec. Nothing bargain-basement about it. The only downside is that the color is ORANGE.

Is it any cheaper? I have been unable to find locally anything that is cheaper unless you go to a "off" brand. I am like the first two posters, I use Deere fliuds and when and if something breaks I do not have to wonder if it was the fluid.

/ Transmission fluid spec
Kennyd. No one said I was looking for bargain basement fluid. You must have misread.:confused: Someone was talking about the transmission fluid costing $100 for a 5gl bucket at the dealer. Im just looking for something compatible.

/ Transmission fluid spec #7  
Kennyd. No one said I was looking for bargain basement fluid. You must have misread.:confused: Someone was talking about the transmission fluid costing $100 for a 5gl bucket at the dealer. Im just looking for something compatible.

Maybe I did mis-read it...But I still think you should find out for yourself;)

/ Transmission fluid spec #8  
Is it any cheaper? I have been unable to find locally anything that is cheaper unless you go to a "off" brand. I am like the first two posters, I use Deere fliuds and when and if something breaks I do not have to wonder if it was the fluid.

It has been a few months since I bought two 5-gal pails of THF at the Chevron distributor's. I recall it was $52 per pail. That price probably is meaningless to you since everything costs more in Hawaii. But it was cheaper than the JD juice at the dealer's. I wouldn't have a problem using any name-brand THF as long as it meets JD specs. After all, JD is not an oil company; someone makes their stuff for them. For all I know it is made by Chevron with a different color dye.

/ Transmission fluid spec #9  

$50 at the dealer for a 5 gal. bucket of low-viscosity hygard. Check for yourself.

/ Transmission fluid spec
Thanks for the help. I did order all the filters from the dealer Friday, so we will see what the fluid cost.