Grading 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition

/ 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition #1  

Acolar

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro, Cab
Just completed the assembly of a Poly Edge on the 366 Front mount blade.
Required the fab of a metal (stainless steel) clamping edge and cutting the wing extensions. Total cutting width is now 82" (Poly is 1" thick, 6" tall, 82" long) Could not resist adding the plow guide markers with flags.

Anyone know what the valve is called in the pic 85?

I tried looking in the shop/parts CD but could not locate any information on it. It leaks from the hose fittings. It was dealer assembled so I'll need to look at it closer and see if the fittings are loose.

This winter will be the first time pushing snow, so we'll see how the Poly edge works and wears.

Attachments

• IMG_2362.JPG
    IMG_2362.JPG
    905.4 KB · Views: 1,176
  • IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    923.2 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    693.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 2,031
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 1,798
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 814
   / 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition #2  
I'm pretty sure that's a cross over relief valve to protect the various components of the plow and hydraulic system should you make contact with an immovable object with a corner of the blade, provided the cylinder is not in the closed position on that side (fully angled in).

That's an interesting set up, is that all factory or custom? would like to see more pics of the lift assembly and how it's attached to the front of the tractor. is it easy to swap between loader and front mounted plow?

/ 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition
The front 3 point hitch is all factory John Deere. The arms and blade come off during the summer. The only custom fab stuff is the poly edge, stainless clamp edge, and cut down wing extensions. Blade up/down and left/right controlled by selective control valve lever in cab (joy stick).

Attachments

• front 3 pt hitch.jpg
    front 3 pt hitch.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 547
   / 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition #4  
As JB said, that is the crossover relief valve, or cushion valve. They are just NPT fittings so just disassemble and add the proper PTFE paste (NOT Teflon Tape!) to fix the leak.

Where did you get the Poly edge and how much was it? I have been wanting one also.

Purchased the Poly from
FallLine Corporation
1-800-325-5463

1"x6"x96" I believe it was about $200

Did not really shop around much, so you maybe able to do better.
Its almost JD Yellow so I bought it.

Not sure how long it will last. Supposedly the commercial plow guys may get 1 or 2 plowing seasons out of an edge. We'll see, I would guess the plowing speed, ground surface composition, and downward force would be some critical factors in life span.

/ 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition #6  
Nice setup, I've been interested in the front hitch setup for awhile. My dealer doesn't do many so he hasn't been too helpful. Are they pricey? There good for the snow brooms setup right? So all the hydro controls are off the loader scv's?

Matt

Greatwhitehunter,
Yes the up/down and angling are performed by the dual selective control valve.
I believe the 36 blade and front "A" frame hardware was about $3000
Allows attachment of snow blower, blade, rotary broom.

/ 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition #8  
What is the lifting mechanism for the front hitch. The parts pic you posted doesn't show any cylinders. Does the front hitch interfere with the loader at all?

Matt:confused:

There is a hyd cilinder on the right front of the frame for lifting/lowering the plow. The two brass looking plates are for the 72" Auto connect MMM. They are removed and the two black arms for the "A" frame are installed when your ready for the blade.

The cylinder stays there all the time and does not interfere with the loader attachment. It is inactive with the loader installed as the two hyd lines to it are disconnected.

Attachments

• IMG_2278.JPG
    IMG_2278.JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:
   / 366 Front Mount Blade - Poly Edge Addition #10  
Does it affect ground clearance? Is there a hyrdo line kit to run? Does the grill guard need to be removed?

Matt