JD 770 Shuts off engine when I put it in gear

/ JD 770 Shuts off engine when I put it in gear #11  
Marc
Sorry the cell phone connection was so poor. Sounds like the battery got you started, but now you have the original problem.

My guess is the time delay controller logic is shot probably a diode. Check the following out

Have someone watch the fuel solenoid ( right rear side of engine. It engages during start, holds during run. I bet it drops out when you put it in gear.

If the seat down switch under the seat is working there should be 12V on the yellow/red wire going to the TDC module when some one is in the seat or it is held down with a rock or brick.

The other thing to check is the voltage on the black green wire to the TDC this is fused current that holds the solenoid active when running.

I have some ideas for keeping it running to get it out of the field but would like to hear about these tests first

Ron

/ JD 770 Shuts off engine when I put it in gear #12  
Just to let everybody knows how important this website is and the big hand of RON who replied to my problem and guided me thru email and cellphone.... My John Deere 770 is back working like a horse, drive and sounds great. The problem was the seat safety switch, it goes up and down before but was not sufficient. I inserted a piece of metal bigger than a quarter coin and holds the safety switch much lower down and solve the issues. The old battery is good. THANKS A MILLION RON for your Help and continued support.
I'm very happy that I found this TBN Forum. 