JD 700 Series Instrument Panel

/ JD 700 Series Instrument Panel #1  

JDKu

Tractor
GC2300
I was thinking of making an offer to purchase an X744.

Today, I learned from the seller (a JD dealer) that the "temp gauges aren稚 working properly. All the warning lights and gauges have power but they don稚 show accurate readings. "

I am curious if this is a known problem with these tractors? I'm surprised the dealer isn't fixing this before selling. Does anyone know how major of a fix this is?

Thank you,
Chris

/ JD 700 Series Instrument Panel #2  
I would make the dealer fix it or I would walk away. There are too many of them around to buy one with problems. I looked up a instrument cluster to see how much it was and it said to see the dealer.:mad:

/ JD 700 Series Instrument Panel
I offered the dealer $1200 off what he had it listed for (I had some other concerns besides the instrument panel).

He said no, so I guess I'll keep looking.

Thank you for the feedback!

/ JD 700 Series Instrument Panel #4  
If those instrument clusters are anything like the ones on 4x20 series they can't be fixed by the dealer, you have to replace the whole cluster and it's very costly. The clusters are enclosed and manufactured by a third-party supplier.

/ JD 700 Series Instrument Panel #5  
There is dealer near me who sells year old tractors. He gets tons of them because he is in a factory town and the employees get a good price break. www.lawnpower.com He often lists them on eBay and will include shipping in the price. I am not sure about Canadian shipping but may be worth a phone call. I deliver to them and are good to deal with.