3038e - New Top Link

/ 3038e - New Top Link #1  

nunyabinis

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere
The 3030e comes with a top link that has a large nut that allows you to tighten it to keep the top link from changing lengths all by itself, however, my King Kutter tiller shakes, rattles, rolls and vibrates so much that it's almost impossible to tighten the top link nut enough to keep it from vibrating loose which allows the top link to unscrew itself. On the rare occasion that I do get it tight enough, it's a PITA to loosen it, even with large wrenches.

Solution: I ordered a top link for a JD 2355, part# AL67290, which has a built-in bracket that fits over the end of the top link to keep it from loosening. No wrenches needed. It's a beautiful thing. JD wanted $190 for a new one so I found one of eBay for $81.

Also, this new top link is longer than the original one and, since I have the Pat's Easy Change installed, it actually works better than the original.

/ 3038e - New Top Link #2  
Thanks for sharing that. I looked that part no. up on ebay and that link looks pretty nice. I may need one for my 3032.

/ 3038e - New Top Link #3  
i had that problem on my 3038e also but the trick i found is that if you put the nut where u want it then you tighten the top link to the nut it is the best way.